Please suggest IEM for occasional travel. Noise isolation is prime requirement

Naturelover

Staff member
Need to get a pair of travel IEMs.
Noise isolation is of prime importance. And so is sound quality.
Warm to balanced sound. Don't want heavy bass.

Budget under 10,000. Can go slightly higher for something really worth it.
Need to buy in India.

I am of small build and my ears are also small.

Will consider used ones too but only minimally used and in pristine condition.

Not considering headphones due to sweat issue.

You can consider this. I’m a happy user.

You can consider this. I’m a happy user.

Thanks
How would you rate the noise isolation?

If you are looking at passive noise cancelling, look for etymotic. They go really deep, so if you are ok with that, go for it.

In active noise cancelling, check out
Jabra elite 75t
Soundcore by Liberty Airpro 2

Like sud98 mentioned look at etymotic. I have a er4xr outstanding iem and it isolates you to different musicsl space :) due to how they lockin an deep insertion. Deep insertion may not be for eveyones liking though

These may work well for you if you don’t mind deep insertion. The flanged ear tops do decent isolation. Comply foam tips are another option.
Active noise cancellation (on headphone or DAP) is another possibility to consider.
When I was travelling frequently I went through quite a few IEMs and finally ended with customs.
More expensive but IMHO well worth it for the noise reduction. They last long too (not the cables).

just sharing one of my hacks.
when listening at low volume and to cut out complete environmental noise, I go double.
Nothing ear1 (noise cancel set to max ) + enclosed over with DT770(just on the head)

DT770 - as this are comfortable + no battery usage.
or just to be on the overkill one can use wh-1000xm3/m4/bose... with acitve NC on.;)

For passive noise cancellation - like many suggested - Etymotic might be the best option (not very comfortable at first, but very good sound for the price and cut out a lot of ambient noise). I have tried these (ER4XR) with Comply and that makes them a lot more comfortable and doesn't impact the sound isolation.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back