Please suggest Used/New Stereo Amplifier under 20k

bitretro

I want to buy a stereo amplifier for home. minimum 50W power is needed at 8Ohm. What are my options? I'm trying to find something on Olx but I'm lost, i don't know what I'm looking for.
Kindly suggest me soemthing - budget is around 15-20k, but lower is better

Assuming that you have a pair of passive speakers and you want to buy an integrated amplifier to power those speakers, I will request you to keep Norge amplifier in your wishlist . Though I have never used it, I read rave reviews about this Indian brand. If you don't have any speakers then you may like powered speakers like Edifier which have a plethora of connectivity options . These days the powered speakers go smart and they have Bluetooth connectivity, digital out along side having traditional line out. You can play TT, CDP or even listen to music stored on your mobile if you go for powered speakers without bothering much about matching of speakers with amplifier as powered speakers have in built amp and those are clutter free. However do read a lot about amplifier online and then decide. Both Norge amp and powered speakers should come within the budget you mentioned.
Cheers and happy hunting

Other than the Norge amplifier mentioned above, you can have a look at the below Pioneer and Marantz models. Hope you have a pair of quality speakers.

Edit: Didn't see the above post, was mentioning the post by bhaskar

I want to buy a stereo amplifier for home. minimum 50W power is needed at 8Ohm. What are my options? I'm trying to find something on Olx but I'm lost, i don't know what I'm looking for.
Would you be more specific about your speakers , sources , fav genres and room size? Because FMs can recommend you based on all these. For the correct and matching amplifier we need to know which speakers do you have . Marantz pm 5005 as mentioned by FMs is also a good choice. Again I would say please be a bit more specific so that FMs can guide you through.
Cheers

thanks all for replying. so i was searching on olx for something vintage to keep price down and there are too many options. i'm getting cambridge audio azur 540a @ 17k is this a good deal? the amp is repaired.

PM5005 i feel like has too less power. although I will mostly be looking at 10W power draw maybe for near field, but dont wanna run amp at max capacity for when I try to turn up the volume.

For Norge, DD i am not able to find any listings online.

btw, If I get something from olx/wherever, what are chances of the amp getting damaged during transit?

Would you be more specific about your speakers , sources , fav genres and room size? Because FMs can recommend you based on all these. For the correct and matching amplifier we need to know which speakers do you have . Marantz pm 5005 as mentioned by FMs is also a good choice. Again I would say please be a bit more specific so that FMs can guide you through.
Cheers
speakers - kef q150
source - computer, bluetooth would be cool but not necessary
genres - metal, rock, electronic, rap
room size - small to medium

would i also be fine with something like this until i can get something better? https://www.amazon.in/DC-A30X-Channel-Amplifier-Bluetooth-Equalizer/dp/B07VL4VXF8

i would also be fine with a power amp only as my main source will be computer

thanks all for replying. so i was searching on olx for something vintage to keep price down and there are too many options. i'm getting cambridge audio azur 540a @ 17k is this a good deal? the amp is repaired.

PM5005 i feel like has too less power. although I will mostly be looking at 10W power draw maybe for near field, but dont wanna run amp at max capacity for when I try to turn up the volume.

For Norge, DD i am not able to find any listings online.

btw, If I get something from olx/wherever, what are chances of the amp getting damaged during transit?

speakers - kef q150
source - computer, bluetooth would be cool but not necessary
genres - metal, rock, electronic, rap
room size - small to medium

would i also be fine with something like this until i can get something better? https://www.amazon.in/DC-A30X-Channel-Amplifier-Bluetooth-Equalizer/dp/B07VL4VXF8

i would also be fine with a power amp only as my main source will be computer
Norge, contact them directly. Indiq and @HiFiAudioFan also deal in Norge. FM @Aniket is the owner of DD. PM if you need further contacts.

Do you have any idea of their current prices? I was interested in the Norge 2060 UBT, but couldn't find the prices anywhere online. How much did you buy yours for?
They don't advertise their prices online as far as I know. I got my Norge 2060 (not UBT) for INR 10500 in 2019.

Hi sir r you interested made in Japan semi vintage Sony amplifier, 70 watts per Chanel, working condition, average cosmetics, , no repair history, original condition, # my location Bangalore, # shipping is possible all over India

Since your source includes computer and bluetooth then you may consider of adding a DAC in your audio chain

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back