CAT-5 Broadcast
1st Flr. , Near Power House Gym
30-Hauz Khas Village
New Delhi- 110016
Landline- +91-11-26850814
Mob- +91-9999616077/9811045506

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on these:

audio-technica_ath-m50.jpg

FYI, I'm going for these, purely based on a lot of user-reviews I've been reading on them. Here are a random few:

Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Audio Technica ATH M50 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Denon AH-D1001k Vs. Audio Technica ATH -M50 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Audio-Technica ATH-M50??? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

It's available for about $100 on eBay. This particular seller is pretty well-regarded, based on my research:

NEW Audio Technica ATH-M50s Headphones AT ATH-M50 s M50 - eBay (item 350320803162 end time Mar-25-10 12:39:29 PDT)

I have these and I highly recommend!

Extended listening could be a problem as these are not "comfortable" as the sennheisers but no one can beat them in the BASS department..

Best suited for movies than music.. Modern music sounds great but the old melody kinda songs are better with sennheisers..

Gruby, I got it from the same seller 6 months ago.

Hi,

I have a Denon 1001 headphone and it is very good in all departments. You can have extended listening as the soft pads do not create any issues. I actually modded it with bluetac covered on the inside of the cans and also with some polyfill fibre and it is even better.

Good luck.

swami

any impressions/ comparisons with Bose "Around Ear" headphones available at about 7.5k? I listened to them and they sounded not too bad. Though I did not listen with my own music and listened to them for about couple of mins.

Hi anm

I have additioned Panasonic RP-WF810H RF stereo headphones about a yr ago which is naturally wireless with soft padding to cover the whole ear and mainly it sounds heaven for both movie and music with very good bass, treble and mid even at very low volume costing around Rs. 3500/-.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Have no clue ,but the 448s I have heard.And they are killer.part of the reason why they are killer is the fact that they are very very reasonable,an excellent value proposition.If you are using something at work and for general music why spend so much ? I think 150 to 200 dollars max on the headphones and go for a battery amp.IMHO open backed headphones sound a lot better for any given price of closed back headphones unless you are ready to shell out $500 plus.
In which case I would really love to work where you work!listen to music and get paid mucho money :yahoo:

In-ears are also a damn good option,but do please use them at lower volumes,unless you have a nagging wife and would rather lose your hearing to the headphones!

I have a pair of Klipsch Image X10s ,not perfect sound,was never looking for perfect sound.Great bass and mids and they look good and they wear better.These you can use without amps and an extra dabba(box) to carry around .
Happy purchasing buddy!

And please for the love of god buy new.Unless you have found an effective way of dealing with other peoples earwax.

Last edited:
I have a pair from sony walkman series phone and they sound nice. I am a bit worried about itching in my ear canal. Worried about them killing my eardrums - though I am not sure how much more harm they can do compared to a normal headphone.
I may still not be able to listen to them at work - coz as soon as I put in the ear buds, there is someone standing with a problem/ discussion. I am still to witness a day where I can listen to music (and work) uninterrupted for more than 10 mins.
But I hope I shall be able to listen to them at home in the bedroom when my wife and daughter are asleep, without leaking too much sound. Is that possible?

@ ANM,
In-ear buds dont fancy you?

Oh yes,
If you dont listen to Metal, then it wont be a problem.

I had been using these :

a) The basic Creative in-ear buds - EP 650
@ Rs 1100-1200 max

...pretty reasonable if you like jazz and/or easy music ..though i have used them at my gym sessions and they have lived thru the dripping sweat many a times and dont bother. Blocks about 30% of ambient noise.

b) Sennheizer cx-500
@ Rs 4500-5000

..Larger sound, deeper bass than Creatives and better mids.
Blocks about 60% of ambient noise. Works well for the price.

Yet, pls dont compare them to any large headphones, these things are portable with the individual quality of sound to offer. And yes, cx-500, will bother no one around you. They snug into the ears quite well and have various options of bud sizes (3 sizes each of 2 kinds. So you have 6 options to chose from)

I have a pair from sony walkman series phone and they sound nice. I am a bit worried about itching in my ear canal. Worried about them killing my eardrums - though I am not sure how much more harm they can do compared to a normal headphone.
I may still not be able to listen to them at work - coz as soon as I put in the ear buds, there is someone standing with a problem/ discussion. I am still to witness a day where I can listen to music (and work) uninterrupted for more than 10 mins.
But I hope I shall be able to listen to them at home in the bedroom when my wife and daughter are asleep, without leaking too much sound. Is that possible?

sid - I have taken your advice and started listening to more music using my in ears. I am quite happy with them in the office on the laptop. This laptop is playing music quite well with wmp and whatever kmixer etc. I hope it will get better with asio etc.
My lust for closed headphone, in ear headphones etc will continue in parallel, while I enjoy music on this.

In a moment of madness, I picked up hd 428 from jumbo. I am not impressed out of box, but there was no option to demo, or return. I am burning them in. Though they are supposed to be "bassy" headphones, I was wondering if senn forgot to pack the bass with my unit.

Unfortunately, in my office, my blackberry cover disappeared. So I am quite afraid of bringing my more expensive headphones/ iems to office. hence these straying to lower end stuff. I can't pack the headphones each time I am away from my seat.

@sid - couldn't find 650 but got 630 yesterday and they have lots of bass. I think 650 is same as 630 except cosmetics. But I hate buds stuffed in my head.
I demoed bose's on ears, and found them much more comfortable than over the ear (it starts sweating) or in my ears.
Any dealer who wants to sell a very high quality over the ear headphone is welcome to contact me.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back