Pls suggest projection screen setup

Screen

The dalite is fabric while dnp is fibre which can be cleaned with cloth. I do not know the present cost but you can check with sight and sound as well as sound of music, both these companies are based in Delhi, for that matter lakozy can also help.

V.

I checked, screen cost would be around 20-25K. Combining this with 80K cost of Epson PJ, total expenditure will easily exceed 1 lakh! This seems too much money to blow up for my amusement alone (My family and friends don't share my enthusiasm for movies). That would be being too selfish. I should rather be spending that much money for home improvement or family holidays - both things are something that my family will value and respect me for.

Guys, I am now seriously thinking of ditching my plans for PJ setup and sticking with my current 720p 50 inch TV for an year more. I will see next year what my options are. Sorry for being a spoilsport and thanks everyone for their advice!

Withdraw

Well the cost is going to be more then 1 lac, as their will be 5.1 speakers, bare minimum acoustics, recurring cost to source hd movies, etc. Further if something major goes wrong with projector etc, you know how electronics are, though such possibilities are rare, so we need to factor such situations. While there are cheaper projectors and screens, but you are aware that quality level etc will drop, instead of getting into this aspect, you are better off with your great TV.

If you love movies a lot then it is alright in spending money even if the budget is on tighter level, i would not care a inch for friends on this, as far as family goes, if they have also spent some large money in form of gold etc, then you also have the auto privilege of spending.

I think spending on house improvement is fine, but i would focus very low on holiday spending, because at end of the day it is just memories while if you buy something solid, at least it is there with you.

On the other hand a 50 inch 720p, is also a great entertainment and you are right that you can review your priorities next year or so, i like your honesty.

V.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Vinay! I already have 5.1 sound setup and my main motivation for PJ was large screen only. I may still reconsider my plans if over a period of time I get comfortable with idea of this big expenditure.
I sincerely hope that you get your projector ASAP and without any more hassle. As I fellow movie fanatic (I watch almost 15-20 movies every month!), I salute your pursuit for excellence in cinematic experience!

Right Away

I can tell you one thing, that the number of movies you see in a month, you have only once choice, get the projector and screen right away.

V.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back