Pls use caution and common sense - IMP PLS READ - U COULD BE NEXT

Looks like I earned lot of threadbusters!:clapping::clapping::clapping::yahoo:

Cheer up buddy, it happens!:cool::cool:

Cheers!

Yes

Yes
murder ,cheating, molestation ,robbery ,rape ,death , poisoning...it happens, common everyday phenomenon right !!!It happens!!!

I wish I'll comment like this when it happens to you or your near and dear ones and I'll put some funny emotions,please put this on forum so that i can say :yahoo::D:clapping::eek:hyeah::beer::cheers:

MODS IF YOU FEEL MY POST IS RUDE UNDERSTAND TOTAL LACK OF EMPATHY AND UNDERSTANDING in svenkateshsmart's POST.

svenkateshsmart I'll pray such things happens with you.

Yes

Yes
murder ,cheating, molestation ,robbery ,rape ,death , poisoning...it happens, common everyday phenomenon right !!!It happens!!!

I wish I'll comment like this when it happens to you or your near and dear ones and I'll put some funny emotions,please put this on forum so that i can say :yahoo::D:clapping::eek:hyeah::beer::cheers:

MODS IF YOU FEEL MY POST IS RUDE UNDERSTAND TOTAL LACK OF EMPATHY AND UNDERSTANDING in svenkateshsmart's POST.

Hi Hemant:

:)You entirely mistook my post! I was referring to your comment on the thread that I started and this has nothing to do with the context of this thread!

Of course, your prayers are with me!
Cheers!

Last edited:
I am only posting because I do not want some forum members to think, why I am so CONSPICUOUSLY absent from this thread only, of all threads ... :rolleyes:

The truth is I have not found much time to visit HFV in the last week thats why ...

Its not me ... I swear it! I din't do Nuthin ... :eek:

-G

I am only posting because I do not want some forum members to think, why I am so CONSPICUOUSLY absent from this thread only, of all threads ... :rolleyes:

The truth is I have not found much time to visit HFV in the last week thats why ...

-G

Gobble, wait for your time. I already got mine!(didnt want to use smileys)

Cheers!

Yes

Yes

Hemant, relax buddy. Am sure svenkateshsmart did not mean what you've construed. Not nice to wish such things on anybody.
Its just a misunderstanding, we do not need to go further on this, PLEASE.

-G

Firstly, its not nice to make fun on such serious matters. I know for a fact you've purposely restrained yourself. Appreciate it !

This gives you a glimpse of the dark side of the internet. I am happy the folks are unharmed Madbulram.

These kinds of rackets have been going around for a long time now. They usually befriend people at various places. Pubs, trains...........now they hang around on various forums too.
Money, kidneys...........they are after various things.

Please do not entertain folks who are not known to you for some time. Seemingly new members on forums, who suddenly shows interest in dropping into your home or meeting you at pubs etc...are best avoided. Basically use your common sense. Do enough due diligence before you meet up with people alone.

The kind of warmth and courtesy displayed by audiophiles when we meetup or in the forums lets these thugs to take advantage of us. The fact that you have 'snake oil' scamsters selling us audiophile grade stuff for a long time gives enough proof about the fact that audiophiles can really really stupid. We are so caught up with our RMS rating, organic sounds of our tube gear, sound stage of our new amp, etc etc that the fact that there are fellows who are ready to con you never comes to our heads.

This incident has really opened my eyes to the ugly side of audiophile greed. I hope your friend and his girl friend recover soon and get on with normal life.

Trust me guys, I am still not able to digest the totally lifeless face he has now. He keep s telling me "How can I be so naive and put my GF in such a dangerous position!". The girl is actually taking it better now.

Hopefully, time will heal him. Do pray for his recovery if you can. Though I am a hindu, I lit a candle in Besant Nagar Church while driving back.

oh
Very sad to know good people come across such incidents. Give him some moral support. Things do happen some times but life goes on. I wish and prey for his well being.

I put in some experience I recollected. 1991 or 92 One of my friend very flamboyant very easy going guy traveling from Bangalore to Patna got sedated in train, just before few hrs to Patna he fell unconcious in the loo. all passengers got down, the train was taken to yard for cleaning then some railway employ saw this guy and rushed him to hospital forget about his belongings he was in ICU for well 5 days And it took quite some time for him to recover from that incident. All he recollected was he ate some prasad and tea offered by some co passenger.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone...the guy has recovered and is much much better than what he was. He has decided to return to US and settle there.

Dear all,
I am writing this with some bitter taste. I have heard these incidents in US but now to hear that it happened to my best buddy makes me sit straight and think.

For obvious reasons, I am not naming him. Lets call him Mr.E (Enthu bugger that he is). He is majorly into gaming and you will see him a lot active in Techenclave and most of the forums and so on. At 25, this guy is full of energy and world at his feet. Goes out of his way to help anyone. His posts are always well thought out, informative, and does everything that he can. Infact, thats how i became a friend to him when I had gone to his house to check out a Graphic Card he had sourced from US even before it hit US market. We instantly hit off and became very close friends. You get his profile right, not going to go more into detail. He is like many in our forum and similar to Venkat CR when it comes to explanation and help.

Two tuesdays before, he gets a PM from a member saying he loves his rig and would love to meet him. So Mr.E, as always, promptly responds and send his number and asks him to call up. They chit chat on phone and the member introduces himself as a Team Lead in a reputed call center. So they decide to hook up on friday evening for a session on Audio and Gaming as both are into it. The member checks with Mr.E if he can get his girl friend along as she also loves this. Mr.E the gracious person he is says, yes buddy pls do. My GF also will be there so we can have family jam. So all set.

Friday:
The member calls Mr.E and arrives at his place sans his girl friend. Mr.E welcomes and they get talking of stuff. The member says his GF will join in an hour as she is completing some person work. The member gives them tropicana apple and KF beer. They get talking and Mr.E talks about his childhood and how his dad is US and no mother and enjoying life here. His GF, very nice girl, also gets into the conversation and talk about their planned marriage etc and serving chats to them.

They all have the Beer and apple juice and some snacks.

Saturday morning 7 am:
Mr.E wakes up to find all his belongings gone, money rigs everything. Still dizzy and his GF still unconscious, rushes to hospital. They have been sedated with a drug but nothing serious. They get treated in OP and are back home.

The harsh reality is everything gone, rigs, money, LCDs laptop etc etc.

The girl is in shock, she is still not out of it and is under psychiatric treatment. She is recovering well and both have moved to Chennai now as we are all here and its easy for them to get back to life. Mr.E has no smile on his face, is always silent now, we are doing our best to get him back to life.

I am little happy with this, why?
1. They stole just the money and stuff
2. The girl was not touched, u know what all could have happened in this MMS crazy world
3. Both are alive with no injuries nothing though the internal ones are something we all are fighting with them

Now, why I narrate this here:
1. We have many members here similar to Mr. E, who invite people home for audition
2. We have many members here who goes to someone's house to check their gear

We all have done that BUT pls pls pls ensure you use caution and common sense before you invite someone or visit someone.

• Do not invite/visit a newbie.
  • Be sure that you know about the person
  • Meet at a common place first
  • Do use due diligence first
  • If you invite someone home, ensure you have a crowd and not just you and your family.

Sorry about the long post, I will be heart wrenched to see something like this happen to my fellow HFVians.

Its good to help, pls ensure by helping you dont end up needing HELP!

Update:
1. The intension of this thread is to make everyone aware of such dangers so we are aware of it.
2. Do not ask me for who it is. He is not a HFV member
3. Thanks for your PMs, I don't need contacts in police/detective agencies.
4. Read this thread as an informative post
5. Instead of telling what needs to be done (call cops etc), it will be more useful if you can list your experience or tell what you think are ways we can avoid it.

Well ,
It Can Happen To Anyone anytime Be Careful

Post is an eye opener. Due diligence has to be done when you make friend or invite someone. As far as sharing your gear with someone we need to keep few things in mind:
1. Mods should lock the "show your gear thread" and should allow by invitation / based on number of posts in this forum.
2. Do read person's post in hifivision before you invite, for a background check.
3. Once 2 is done, talk over phone and ensure you have atleast few other friends from forum before u sign up for meet. Never invite a stranger into your house for one to one meet. The gtg should always be in group and you need to be approved by the admin via some id (just my thought).
4. Also get some sort of ID exchanged should you have some doubts or reference to support the identity.
5. Also if he know any other forum member who can vouch for him.
6. Never share your profession , Social media ID, gear you posses or planning to buy here as there are lots of dealers / scammers living and watching everyone in this forum itself under disguise.
7. Delete your post (I am not sure how to do it) if you think you got the info you are looking for or you had a unique issue that no one knew the answer past few years.
8. Frame your questions in forum in such a way that you can get precise answer without revealing unnecessary personal facts, (eg I live in abc area and in this apt xyz with very costly stuff and I am not able to get good sound despite spending few lakhs, or I am going for vacation and shall miss my pqr stuff that i recetly brought.) etc
9. Rescan your profile for any such loose threads.
10. Dont reveal any facts in any posts that may help a scammer to trace you, like ur address location to FM post.
11. Check ur signature .. how much it reveals or acts as honey for scammers.

There can be many more or some might not be relevant. Also note that one incident should not make us get back in our cocoon. We have to get up and be more vigilant as the world is also filled with equally good people who are ready to help in this cruel world.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back