Plywood/MDF cutting programme here:

Nice! Thanks for the link, I can see it being real useful to me when I start my projects. Have you worked with translam/stacked ply for any of your projects?

Nice! Thanks for the link, I can see it being real useful to me when I start my projects. Have you worked with translam/stacked ply for any of your projects?

I have detailed plans for the latest baby-a Bob Brines TQWT tower design, using Fostex FE 177 drivers and plan at this time to use MDF inside and plywood outside. I have found this is easy to do and not too expensive.Is your option a more affordable one? I might be interested in knowing more? I havent used trnslam or stacked ply so far.The encl dimensions are about 42 in height and 10 1/2 square, with some braces inside.

I have detailed plans for the latest baby-a Bob Brines TQWT tower design, using Fostex FE 177 drivers and plan at this time to use MDF inside and plywood outside. I have found this is easy to do and not too expensive.Is your option a more affordable one? I might be interested in knowing more? I havent used trnslam or stacked ply so far.The encl dimensions are about 42 in height and 10 1/2 square, with some braces inside.

It probably might not make sense for you to do a stacked/trans build as your cab would be huge. It need not be necessarily cheaper than other build options but in my opinion, to get an excellent finish, all you would need to do is sand, fill and apply gloss. See an excellent example of the construction method here. I'm thinking of something like this for pretty much all the DIY projects that I'm thinking about, the pre, dac, amp, and even a TT...

It probably might not make sense for you to do a stacked/trans build as your cab would be huge...

...all the same, if you do get your cab done using this method, it would look absolutely stunning. Not that it would make it sound better, but still...

I am not looking at this as a good looking set of speakers-it is a system that is going to be used for multimedia purposes.It is not the primary or secondary system-more of back up one. If anyone has any ideas about how to do it for the lowest possible price I would be interested in knowing more.

George

If you need to get any CNC cutting for your speaker, you
can try Irfan who is an excellent DIYer himself
and made his own CNC controlled router.

Irfanulla. K. R.
No.80, old No.8, Appanna Block
R.T.Nagar,Behind HMT Layout
Bangalore-560032
Mobile:9845127159

E-Mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Prasad

Thanks for the contact-I havent made up my mind about how to go about it-will be talking to a couple of wood working people this week, to get some quotes, and may want to get the front baffles done nicely..

George

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back