My DIY Enclosures - Common Thread for all my Enclosures

sadik

Hi Friends, Now a days I am not very active on hifivision, In fact I am not getting enough time to document my built journey so I thought of at least make a thread where I can share the photos of the complete enclosures. So from now on I will be posting photos of all my enclosure projects in this thread.

So the First post in this thread are custom designed enclosures, they are huge with external dimensions as 1280 (H) x 380 (W) x 420 (D)

These enclosures are RAW finish. (No Veneer, No Putty work, no Primer no Sealer no clear just RAW enclosures and Shellac Polish). One of my hardest project till date because I had to take great precautions during cutting and assembling them. The DIY guys may be very well aware of cutting plywood in the opposite grains, The Plywood gets chip off while cutting along opposite grains of wood. A slight chip off will ruin the complete look of enclosures.

Lets enjoy some final built photos of enclosures
IMG-20240101-WA0042.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0043.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0044.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0045.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0046.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0047.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0049.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0050.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0051.jpgIMG-20240101-WA0053.jpg

While taking up this project i had discussed with user and made it clear about all the difficulties which may occur in the enclosures, (like chipping of plywood while cutting in opposite grains of wood, some air pockets in the internal of plywood after cutting, or may it be some dents on surface of plywood etc) he also understood the same and gave me green signal to go ahead and make the project happen. Secondly making grill is not my cup of tea but still i manage to make a good looking grill and for such a huge enclosure the grill was also another task.

But in the End this Project turn out to be a Master Piece. Next Project is soon on the way... Stay tuned.

Hi Friends, Now a days I am not very active on hifivision, In fact I am not getting enough time to document my built journey so I thought of at least make a thread where I can share the photos of the complete enclosures. So from now on I will be posting photos of all my enclosure projects in this thread.

So the First post in this thread are custom designed enclosures, they are huge with external dimensions as 1280 (H) x 380 (W) x 420 (D)

These enclosures are RAW finish. (No Veneer, No Putty work, no Primer no Sealer no clear just RAW enclosures and Shellac Polish). One of my hardest project till date because I had to take great precautions during cutting and assembling them. The DIY guys may be very well aware of cutting plywood in the opposite grains, The Plywood gets chip off while cutting along opposite grains of wood. A slight chip off will ruin the complete look of enclosures.

View attachment 82262View attachment 82263View attachment 82264View attachment 82265View attachment 82266View attachment 82267View attachment 82268View attachment 82269View attachment 82270View attachment 82271

While taking up this project i had discussed with user and made it clear about all the difficulties which may occur in the enclosures, (like chipping of plywood while cutting in opposite grains of wood, some air pockets in the internal of plywood after cutting, or may it be some dents on surface of plywood etc) he also understood the same and gave me green signal to go ahead and make the project happen. Secondly making grill is not my cup of tea but still i manage to make a good looking grill and for such a huge enclosure the grill was also another task.

But in the End this Project turn out to be a Master Piece. Next Project is soon on the way... Stay tuned.
What a massive, magnificent masterpiece
As tall as the sound master 👏🎶

Like i said don't get time to click photos and proper document the built but still i have some built photos to share.
5.jpg
Its RAW Plywood, No Veneer
6.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
This is Inside, All inside Walls are dampened with acoustic poly fill except for the front wall.

We would never doubt your awesomeness :)

The enclosures & the speaker cloth design are exactly look like vintage German Telefunken, Grundig speakers system. Awesome! Appreciate your effort which you take to make the things to the perfection!! God Bless you.
Regards.

Here is another Built. Its a Center Channel Speaker with MTM Config, it has 8 inch MID Bass woofer (SB Acoustics SB20PFCR30) and a Compression Driver (Altec 808-8A) with Horn (SB Audience H225).

The Final finish is just simple, Clear Coat on the Birch Ply, But it is equally difficult to get that, The built needs to be handled very carefully, Needs a lot of precautions while cutting, You need to take care that the edges don't get chip off while cutting or making round overs in opposite direction of Grains of Birch Ply wood.

Enjoy the Photos
IMG-20240110-WA0044.jpgIMG-20240110-WA0045.jpgIMG-20240110-WA0046.jpgIMG-20240110-WA0047.jpgIMG-20240110-WA0048.jpg

Here is another Built. Its a Center Channel Speaker with MTM Config, it has 8 inch MID Bass woofer (SB Acoustics SB20PFCR30) and a Compression Driver (Altec 808-8A) with Horn (SB Audience H225).

The Final finish is just simple, Clear Coat on the Birch Ply, But it is equally difficult to get that, The built needs to be handled very carefully, Needs a lot of precautions while cutting, You need to take care that the edges don't get chip off while cutting or making round overs in opposite direction of Grains of Birch Ply wood.

Enjoy the Photos
View attachment 82434View attachment 82435View attachment 82436View attachment 82437View attachment 82438
Fantastic.. yeah.. getting this finish needs a lot of care.

My Another Project which was running in parallel, these are enclosures for Goodmans AXIOM 80 Full range speaker. This enclosures were also as challenging as the Enclosures in my 1st post of this thread. They also has an ARU (Acoustical Resistance Unit) which was an another task. This ARU was purchased from ebay and it was modified as per our required size. So i had to open the original ones make the internal felts / mesh as per our required size and then put them again together again. I will keep my post short so now enjoy the photos.

IMG-20240111-WA0041.jpgIMG-20240111-WA0042.jpgIMG-20240111-WA0043.jpgIMG-20240111-WA0044.jpg
IMG-20240111-WA0045.jpgIMG-20240111-WA0046.jpgBelo
The Enclosures are polished in Dual Tone. Front Face is a bit darker then the remaining ones.

Below are the photos of ARU
ARU 2.jpg
Above is the Front Face of ARU.

ARU1.jpg
This is back Face, Imagine the hardwork gone through it, the small slots where the stick is press fit and then glued. This was the hardest part, making the slots for those 4mm thick sticks. I will make an dedecated thread for this ARU as soon as i get some time.

My Another Project which was running in parallel, these are enclosures for Goodmans AXIOM 80 Full range speaker. This enclosures were also as challenging as the Enclosures in my 1st post of this thread. They also has an ARU (Acoustical Resistance Unit) which was an another task. This ARU was purchased from ebay and it was modified as per our required size. So i had to open the original ones make the internal felts / mesh as per our required size and then put them again together again. I will keep my post short so now enjoy the photos.

View attachment 82442View attachment 82443View attachment 82444View attachment 82445
View attachment 82446View attachment 82447Belo
The Enclosures are polished in Dual Tone. Front Face is a bit darker then the remaining ones.

Below are the photos of ARU
View attachment 82440
Above is the Front Face of ARU.

View attachment 82441
This is back Face, Imagine the hardwork gone through it, the small slots where the stick is press fit and then glued. This was the hardest part, making the slots for those 4mm thick sticks. I will make an dedecated thread for this ARU as soon as i get some time.
Marwha audio singh ji & sadik sir collaboration👌👌👌

Is the "ARU" a marketing term for an aperiodic vent or is it named so because of the mix of vented and aperiodic (as it seems visually)?

Marwha audio singh ji & sadik sir collaboration👌👌👌
Just curious. Who is Marwha Audio Singh?
Is the "ARU" a marketing term for an aperiodic vent or is it named so because of the mix of vented and aperiodic (as it seems visually)?
It’s an aperiodic vent. ARU is a Goodman patent. It was designed for the Axiom 80. Later Dynaudio called it variovent

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another project completed a few days back, it was an not a built actually it was just assembly of 3D printed parts (petals) to make a waveguide. I glued & assembled all the parts together and Painted them with nice glossy pearl finish.

Below are the Printed parts
0.jpg

The Final Finish
3.jpg4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg5.jpg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back