DIY Sealed Enclosures for a MID & Highs (Separate module for a 3 way project)

Now i carry on with my second enclosure, and this was the most time consuming job which had tested my skills and patience, As i earlier mentioned in my post #9 "your skills and patience will be tested" without saying a word i will just share the photo and then you all will know what i mean to say.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg

This happened, it took approx 10 days to overcome from this nightmare, this happens when there is difference in the thinner or the batch of paint you use during the multiple coats, in my case the culprit was thinner, a slight mistake and it costed me a lot of labour and my time. I sanded the cracks and then again sprayed the paint but it kept on getting worse, I almost repeated this process 5 to 6 time to rectify this issue but it was of no use, In the end I have to completely sand of the surface thoroughly until the base coat was visible and then repaint it again. (I think i forgot to take the photo of the thoroughly sanded surface, but you can refer the below image) even the white primer which is visible in the below photo was sanded off. You can imagine the sort of LABOUR & PATIENCE involved in this process,
3.jpeg
After rectification below was the result.
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg

At last the paint process was completed. Now they are ready for buffing & polishing, But before that I had worked on crossover design of the enclosure. I will share the update in my next post.

Update : Crossover design.
My knowledge about crossovers is limited hence I have to take help of my expert friends for designing of crossover. This time i have consulted with my another expert friend Mr. Hitesh, he is owner of RJM Audio Components - Vadodara. He has a tremendous of knowledge in Speaker designs.

I am not sharing the details of Xover design., just the schematic without values.
XOVER.jpg
FINAL (3).jpeg
This is just temporary x-over. I have ordered much better parts from theaudiocrafts (Mr. Aminder).

Crossover
The mid bass driver being a PA driver it was very difficult to control, this driver was very fast and to match the speed with home hifi tweeter was a complete different task, thanks to my friend Hitesh, It was his years of experience which came for the rescue, he spent almost 30 hours in span of 3 days time working on them to get the crossover right. We came up with 2 designs, and the above one was finalized.

Sound Quality.
The sound quality is pristine and precise – this kind of sound can be expected from more premium hi-fi speakers. The sound is very detailed & does perfect justice with the presence of all the different music elements in song. The vocals were outstanding, one can feel the presence of artist in room singing in front of you. The highs was a just perfect and in right quantity. There was no extra brightness or sparkle in sound. The sound was totally distortion free. we listen to the music for almost 3 hours, it was a fatigue free sound, one can listen to hours and hours of music on these speakers. Even at low volume levels they do their magic, they will not loose their sparkle nor their energy on low volumes. The only downside for them is Bass and these speakers being a part of three way i am very well aware of that, These do not dig very deep, but still one can really enjoy the music on these speakers.

Some more photos with driver installed.
FINAL (4).jpeg
FINAL (5).jpegFINAL (6).jpegFINAL (7).jpegFINAL (10).jpegFINAL (9).jpeg

I will post further updates in my another post.

Update : Crossover design.
My knowledge about crossovers is limited hence I have to take help of my expert friends for designing of crossover. This time i have consulted with my another expert friend Mr. Hitesh, he is owner of RJM Audio Components - Vadodara. He has a tremendous of knowledge in Speaker designs.

I am not sharing the details of Xover design., just the schematic without values.
View attachment 73674
View attachment 73675
This is just temporary x-over. I have ordered much better parts from theaudiocrafts (Mr. Aminder).

Crossover
The mid bass driver being a PA driver it was very difficult to control, this driver was very fast and to match the speed with home hifi tweeter was a complete different task, thanks to my friend Hitesh, It was his years of experience which came for the rescue, he spent almost 30 hours in span of 3 days time working on them to get the crossover right. We came up with 2 designs, and the above one was finalized.

Sound Quality.
The sound quality is pristine and precise – this kind of sound can be expected from more premium hi-fi speakers. The sound is very detailed & does perfect justice with the presence of all the different music elements in song. The vocals were outstanding, one can feel the presence of artist in room singing in front of you. The highs was a just perfect and in right quantity. There was no extra brightness or sparkle in sound. The sound was totally distortion free. we listen to the music for almost 3 hours, it was a fatigue free sound, one can listen to hours and hours of music on these speakers. Even at low volume levels they do their magic, they will not loose their sparkle nor their energy on low volumes. The only downside for them is Bass and these speakers being a part of three way i am very well aware of that, These do not dig very deep, but still one can really enjoy the music on these speakers.

Some more photos with driver installed.
View attachment 73676
View attachment 73677View attachment 73678View attachment 73679View attachment 73682View attachment 73683

I will post further updates in my another post.
What a Beautiful pair...they stand out like jewels in a store....Amazing work. I also saw a similar looking pair ( front resemblance) in a YT video, though it does not have such a gorgeous shape & is painted bright Red. Posting the link for your reference Sadik.

Thank you for your kind words Brother. So now i am moving ahead my journey.

After sanding the primer coat, next comes the base coat and later clear coat, I planned to complete the paint process turn by turn ( i.e I will completely finish the 1st enclosure and then complete the second one.)

Base Coat on 1st enclosure. I am using 2k based metallic Red Wine shade as my final shade for these enclosures.
View attachment 73527
View attachment 73528

The base coat needs just an hour to dry, then clear coat is sprayed on them, Below is the clear coat which i am using. Its a ceramic based clear coat very hard once it is fully cured.
View attachment 73534

Below are the photo of clear coat, you can see the high gloss on surface. This is really coming out very nicely.
View attachment 73529
View attachment 73530
View attachment 73531
View attachment 73532
View attachment 73533
Finally 1st enclosure is completed and now moved with the second one to finish. I am running out of time, I will update it tomorrow, it takes a lot of time to arrange the photos and then write about it.
Absolutely gorgeous sadik bhai 😍😍😘😘❤️❤️

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back