Plz help... Athlon ii x4 htpc and onkyo ht-s3300 problem...

kadirmkarthik

guys,
just bought a htpc, with amd athlon II x4 635,gigabyte am3 mobo with hdmi, 4 gb ram etc. htib i use is onkyo ht-s 3300.
everything is fine when i connected all except htib. when i connected my htib with hdmi to mobo out (monster ultra high speed hdmi cable), i found flickering and some shady colours change over monitor (dell u2311h-when connected by dvi from mobo)), but when i changed my dvi connection to vga, there was no flickering but there was no icons on desktop screen they got disappeared when i switch on htib, and icons come back normal on switching off htib, i dont know whats the problem whether in htib or computer or the cable.please help me sort out this problem. i am worried with this problem.

guys,
just bought a htpc, with amd athlon II x4 635,gigabyte am3 mobo with hdmi, 4 gb ram etc. htib i use is onkyo ht-s 3300.
everything is fine when i connected all except htib. when i connected my htib with hdmi to mobo out (monster ultra high speed hdmi cable), i found flickering and some shady colours change over monitor (dell u2311h-when connected by dvi from mobo)), but when i changed my dvi connection to vga, there was no flickering but there was no icons on desktop screen they got disappeared when i switch on htib, and icons come back normal on switching off htib, i dont know whats the problem whether in htib or computer or the cable.please help me sort out this problem. i am worried with this problem.

From the message, I understand that you are using a mobo with onboard GPU, with HDMI,DVI-D and VGA output, and you are trying to connect through HDMI to HTIB and through DVI-D to Dell Monitor.

Mobo most probably may not support HD video through both DVI-D and HDMI simultaneously, that is why you are getting bad picture quality. In that case you have to go for a dedicated GPU, which supports output through HDMI and DVI-D simultaneously

From the message, I understand that you are using a mobo with onboard GPU, with HDMI,DVI-D and VGA output, and you are trying to connect through HDMI to HTIB and through DVI-D to Dell Monitor.

Mobo most probably may not support HD video through both DVI-D and HDMI simultaneously, that is why you are getting bad picture quality. In that case you have to go for a dedicated GPU, which supports output through HDMI and DVI-D simultaneously

thanks , you r right, i just got the system but will be installing dedicated gpu in 2 days. thank u so much..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back