Polk Magnifi and Sound Card

Greetings,
My system specifications -
Polk Magnifi Mini Soundbar
Asus B450 E ROG Motherboard
Sapphire RX390 graphic card
LG 4k Monitor

Issue -
I connected the soundbar to my Xonar DX soundcard via SPDIF port, and installed ,modded Xonar DX drivers, and then i could play Dolby and DTS , the sound used to be very bright and high and clear audio,
Last week my soundcard got damaged for some reason and hence i connected soundbar to my Motherboard SPDIF port, I also installed some modded drivers to enable Onboard DDL, the soundbar gives a signal of playing dolby sound, but the sound is too compressed and low, and not even clear. Due to lockdown I wont be able to get a New Soundcard, Do we have any tweaks or modded drivers which can decode Dolby and DTS and help me to reclaim the best sound out of my soundbar without Sound Card since i am badly missing my old Asus DX card which produced the best sound from my soundbar.
Btw... the soundbar has only HDMI arc port, so i dont think i will be able to connect via hdmi port.
Or will any Reciever help to get everything i want..

Regards,
Niraj.
India.

How does modded driver send DD signals to soundbar? Does motherboard spdf out support 5.1 out? If yes ,then try regular drivers and set spdf audio out in player.
Which player do you use to play movies?

Xonar mod drivers worked perfectly.. But on motherboard spdif, sound is very much compressed and low... And since i do not have that card now i am unable to play quality sound now

Xonar mod drivers worked perfectly.. But on motherboard spdif, sound is very much compressed and low... And since i do not have that card now i am unable to play quality sound now
See motherboard codecs are different than soundcard one.So try recommended drivers for motherboard.Which player do you use?
Asus Motherboard has good analog out l guess,have you tried it?

See motherboard codecs are different than soundcard one.So try recommended drivers for motherboard.Which player do you use?
Asus Motherboard has good analog out l guess,have you tried it?
I tried using asus recommended drivers and connected the sound bar through spdif on motherboard, the sound quality is compressed and very low, I tried using modded driver to active DDL , now my sound bar shows dolby signal, but again the sound is very very low

I tried using asus recommended drivers and connected the sound bar through spdif on motherboard, the sound quality is compressed and very low, I tried using modded driver to active DDL , now my sound bar shows dolby signal, but again the sound is very very low
You have not still updated, how do you play DD files?Which player?
If sound output is not set correctly,then you may not get DD signal out even if spdf is capable of sending it.
Let me say if you use MPCHC, then select audio out/renderer as "Direct sound spdf out Asus ...."
Also in sound control panel, select 5.1/7.1 speaker/audio out.

In xonar control panel, you need to select 5.1 as input perhaps and tick digital out/pcm

There are such steps to follow.Else Player may process and send signal as PCM/lpcm.

You have not still updated, how do you play DD files?Which player?
If sound output is not set correctly,then you may not get DD signal out even if spdf is capable of sending it.
Let me say if you use MPCHC, then select audio out/renderer as "Direct sound spdf out Asus ...."
Also in sound control panel, select 5.1/7.1 speaker/audio out.

In xonar control panel, you need to select 5.1 as input perhaps and tick digital out/pcm

There are such steps to follow.Else Player may process and send signal as PCM/lpcm.
No no ... you missed the point, i do not have that xonar card now, i have posted in my first post that my card has damaged, when the card was there, i used to get the brightest sound from the soundbar, but now i am using onboard audio, and i have tried playing youtube, vlc and other players, audio quality is very very slow and compressed. just to activate DDL i am using modded motherboard audio drivers. but still there is no improvement in audio quality.

you missed the point, i do not have that xonar card now, i have posted in my first post that my card has damaged,
Yes I read that. Are vlc output settings changed after motherboard spdf usage? I strongly feel some settings are missed and player is not outputting perfect Bit-stream.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back