Strange Behavior in OTT apps when I connect to Polk Magnifi Mini

tantmay_1

Hi

I am having a LG 43 inch 4K TV which is connected to Polk Magnifi Mini Sounbar through HDMI cable;
Polk Magnifi Mini support Dolby audio (not Atmos)

I have a Netflix plan which supports upto 5.1 audio and Full HD

when I check a title in Netflix using the TV speaker, there is no 5.1 badging under the title
when i check a title in Netflix using the Soundbar, I can see the 5.1 badging under the title

Have you come across this?

BR
Tanmay

How have you connected to the Polk Magnify mini? Is it HDMI ARC?

Your TV cannot output 5.1, and hence Netflix doesn't show 5.1.

As your Magnify mini supports Dolby digital decoding and 5.1, it's reflecting in Netflix.

when I check a title in Netflix using the TV speaker, there is no 5.1 badging under the title
when i check a title in Netflix using the Soundbar, I can see the 5.1 badging under the title
Netflix used to display 5.1 badges irrespective of any speakers connected before. May be they have recent updates which detects the supported speaker and displays accordingly?. Check with any other OTT Apps. Also check with any title which has only stereo format.
I hope you are getting 5.1 sound finally in soundbar?

How have you connected to the Polk Magnify mini? Is it HDMI ARC?

Your TV cannot output 5.1, and hence Netflix doesn't show 5.1.

As your Magnify mini supports Dolby digital decoding and 5.1, it's reflecting in Netflix.
Yes, connected via HDMI arc

I understand your explanation

But then in Amazon Prime video app, why it shows a 5.1 badge irrespective of whether only TV speaker is used or Soundbar is used

Netflix used to display 5.1 badges irrespective of any speakers connected before. May be they have recent updates which detects the supported speaker and displays accordingly?. Check with any other OTT Apps. Also check with any title which has only stereo format.
I hope you are getting 5.1 sound finally in soundbar?
in Amazon Prime video app, why it shows a 5.1 badge irrespective of whether only TV speaker is used or Soundbar is used

Also Prime Video app shows Atmos badging although by Soundbar doesnot support it

in Amazon Prime video app, why it shows a 5.1 badge irrespective of whether only TV speaker is used or Soundbar is used

Also Prime Video app shows Atmos badging although by Soundbar doesnot support it
ok , in that case Netflix displays 5.1 badge based on supported device. As long as DTS/Dolby sound works with soundbar i think it's ok.
My Netflix Subscription expired last month .. I could not check myself.

My Soundbar supports Dolby Audio; does that mean it can support both Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus?
Yes ideally it should.

How is the performance of the sound bar otherwise? Does it come with wireless rear surrounds?

MaSh

Yes ideally it should.

How is the performance of the sound bar otherwise? Does it come with wireless rear surrounds?

MaSh
I find it good because of the form factor; however I find the bass is on the other side

Wireless rear surrounds you have to buy seperately

I find it good because of the form factor; however I find the bass is on the other side

Wireless rear surrounds you have to buy seperately
Bass on the other side, you mean its inadequate? Does it support other subs, non polk subs?

MaSh

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back