Polk subwoofer PSW 125 gone dead.

israniamit

I have a Polk PSW125 that recently started humming. It continues to hum even with the subwoofer (rca) cable removed. If I lightly tap the amp at the rear the humming cuts out for a moment. Same with twisting the volume knob. Tried switching between on/auto/standby with same results.In all likelihood there is a problem with the sub's bass amplifier.

I had sent my subwoofer to the Profx who is the authorised dealer in India but unfortunately after all these months they haven’t been able to get a replacement amplifier and returned back my subwoofer in a completely dead state.

The sub was in the working condition when it was handed over to the dealer in month of Oct 2017 and after all these days they returned the sub without repairing it in complete dead state. I have been more than patient waiting for the dealer to find out the solution, since the sub is out of warranty.

What are the options available to me to get the sub in working condition again, are there any replacement amp plate's locally available. Will appreciate if forum members can help me putting life back in my sub.

Would suggest you put your post on DIY thread....I am sure you will get a favourable response and suggestions.

I would suggest emailing Profx global team on the way you were treated as a customer and the facts of the matter. This may not resolve the issue but perhaps can TIGHTEN and ensure proper behaviour and service to customers who pay a lot for their products.

PSW 125 is still in polk subwoofer lineup and selling model by profx website. They should be able to provide service support as it is not discontinued model.

Which location are we talking about here? You could try calling up Pro FX Bangalore or Mumbai service centres which also act as parts distributors to other centers.

MaSh

The hum was caused due to faulty power capacitors. This is a usual problem in all subwoofer. Was this purchased from a authorized dealer? I think Profx might be hesitant if your answer to my previous question was No.

Yes the unit was purchased from the Polk authorized dealer in Ahmedabad and was sent to Bangalore for repairs

PSW 125 is still in polk subwoofer lineup and selling model by profx website. They should be able to provide service support as it is not discontinued model.

What I am made to understand from the dealer is that the current model has different amp set up

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back