Polk Subwoofer PSW 125 gone dead

israniamit

I have a Polk PSW125 that recently started humming. It continues to hum even with the subwoofer (rca) cable removed. If I lightly tap the amp at the rear the humming cuts out for a moment. Same with twisting the volume knob. Tried switching between on/auto/standby with same results.In all likelihood there is a problem with the sub's bass amplifier.

I had sent my subwoofer to the Profx who is the authorised dealer in India but unfortunately after all these months they haven’t been able to get a replacement amplifier and returned back my subwoofer in a completely dead state.

The sub was in the working condition when it was handed over to the dealer in month of Oct 2017 and after all these days they returned the sub without repairing it in complete dead state. I have been more than patient waiting for the dealer to find out the solution, since the sub is out of warranty.

What are the options available to me to get the sub in working condition again, are there any replacement amp plate's locally available. Will appreciate if forum members can help me putting life back in my sub.

Almost all amplifiers are repairable. It comes down to the repair professional and his skill. I had several old skool amplifers which developed some problem or the other every other time. Mostly due to my negligence. But i was able to trace one smart guy in delhi who could always repair anything i threw at him. It took me some while to find my guy after dealing with lots of nogoods. Try to find a smart repairman in your city. I have experienced this frustation first hand for many years , not able to find able logical repair person with common sense.

I have a Polk PSW125 that recently started humming. It continues to hum even with the subwoofer (rca) cable removed. If I lightly tap the amp at the rear the humming cuts out for a moment. Same with twisting the volume knob. Tried switching between on/auto/standby with same results.In all likelihood there is a problem with the sub's bass amplifier.

I had sent my subwoofer to the Profx who is the authorised dealer in India but unfortunately after all these months they haven’t been able to get a replacement amplifier and returned back my subwoofer in a completely dead state.

The sub was in the working condition when it was handed over to the dealer in month of Oct 2017 and after all these days they returned the sub without repairing it in complete dead state. I have been more than patient waiting for the dealer to find out the solution, since the sub is out of warranty.

What are the options available to me to get the sub in working condition again, are there any replacement amp plate's locally available. Will appreciate if forum members can help me putting life back in my sub.

Hi,

I believe I responded to a similar post in another section. You can report the matter to ProFX who can possible investigate further....contact details on the ProFx site.....

In terms of DIY.....

https://diyaudiocart.com/kits/Subwoofer-Plate-Amplifier

https://diyaudiocart.com/kits/Power-Amplifier

Evaluate the costs involve and check if it would make better sense to buy a new one or go for a pre owned sub which you can find on olx or quikr....

If you can locate a good repairer within your locations who has decent knowledge for LED TVs, Electronics etc....you can look at that option

Back