POLK TSX 440T or TSX 550T or RTi A7 or KEF Q500 or Q700

Hi All,

I got all my Kef puppies today...Did testing on 5.1 movies and songs.....Here are the observation below :-

1. UniQ Array:- very impressed with the uniform sound from front & rear...I changed the positions on the sofa & had no difference in the sound....this is so amazing...KEF really want to thank you for this miraculous idea....

2. The highs are not hurting anymore but rather very normal. The vocals are pretty forward. I feel the singers are standing just in front of me. The lively nature of the speakers are really amazing. The vocals are thick and airy.

3. Compared to the polk, the bass handling is amazing I am able to hear lower frequency very clearly...rumble are excellent it very neutral not tight or too bassy either....

Above are the prime differences I found...I am playing the flacs directly from AVR. My blu ray can also play but found AVR quality slightly better....

After enjoying the sound quality, I am really sad that I got the KEFs so late in my life......I have audio technical 900x...which are pretty much the same forward on vocals.......keep you posted on the findings

hey danish ,
will audition the KEF soon , can i know the final price of the package with q700 so that i have an idea of getting good deal
thanks in advance

hey danish ,
will audition the KEF soon , can i know the final price of the package with q700 so that i have an idea of getting good deal
thanks in advance

The overall package is 1.55 lac. I could not just let it away from my mind....I had heard some vocals like yesudas & piono how effortlessly great it was sounding as low, medium & high volumes ...the C series is way too sharp...I believe I will use this for next 5 years or more...:)
@eshwar.kubsad
OP already mentioned early in post #32, Please read it from the beginning:).

@danish,
waiting photos of the setup:lol:

cheers

550T is not 5-way. It is a two-and-half way design, as is 440T. The difference is just the number of bass/mid-bass drivers. 550T has two 8" bass radiators which is not the same as bass drivers. I can imagine this to be a bass heavy speaker with no real advantage for music listening over the cheaper 440T. RTiA7 is a true 3-way design. However, being 2-way, 2-1/2 way or 3-way does not decide a good speaker or bad speaker for the purpose of the OP.

A few years ago, I had the Polk Audio TSi300 and found it a decent value for money product but I moved on from it fairly quickly because it is just good enough if you are into serious music listening. For movies, I have nothing to complain, especially after break in as it does start sounding smoother. Even I found it really sharp and harsh in the beginning.

In my opinion, you should forget both 440T and 550T and focus on RTiA7 if you like the sound Polk Audio. Compare it with KEF Q500 or Q700 (which are both 2-1/2 way compared to 3-way of RTiA7). See which you like in terms of mid-range, vocal, bass, treble etc.

+1 to that. I found the bass on the Kefs very flabby with my NAD amp. Anyway the OP got his Kef's and happy, so that's what counts.

Hi All,

I got all my Kef puppies today...Did testing on 5.1 movies and songs.....Here are the observation below :-

1. UniQ Array:- very impressed with the uniform sound from front & rear...I changed the positions on the sofa & had no difference in the sound....this is so amazing...KEF really want to thank you for this miraculous idea....

2. The highs are not hurting anymore but rather very normal. The vocals are pretty forward. I feel the singers are standing just in front of me. The lively nature of the speakers are really amazing. The vocals are thick and airy.

3. Compared to the polk, the bass handling is amazing I am able to hear lower frequency very clearly...rumble are excellent it very neutral not tight or too bassy either....

Above are the prime differences I found...I am playing the flacs directly from AVR. My blu ray can also play but found AVR quality slightly better....

After enjoying the sound quality, I am really sad that I got the KEFs so late in my life......I have audio technical 900x...which are pretty much the same forward on vocals.......keep you posted on the findings

Hi Danish, Congrats. Please post some pics. Happy listening. Cheers.
I mainly listen to rock / metal music and a load of other genres, I found the bass to be flabby on the 700, but it could be because of the type of music and the NAD amp.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back