polk vs jamo vs wharfedale

mandeep

HELLO EVERYONE,

I have a yamaha RX-V430 , 65w, 5.1 ch since 2002..its a very nice amp...

plz suggest which floorstanders to use with them for both music and movies (AND WHY) I have shortlisted polk audio monitor 60, jamo 606/406, and the wharfedales diamond 9.5/8.4....mission (but i havent looked any one of these)

i dont have any other choice here in CHANDIGARH.

i have yamaha NS-P60 as centre surround

thanks

Wharfedale Diamonds

Hi Mandeep,

I am not recommending anything here .... as I am of the belief that one should check all o them out thyself !!!

But I would definitely disagree with Wharfedale's as I found them to be boring. No punch... ok mids and highs ....

Look for feedback among the other brands.

Cheers,
------

Hey guys! This is my first post on hifivision but I've been visiting the forum regularly for a while now.

I had been auditioning the following series :-

1. Polk Audio Monitor Series (50 & 60)
2. Jamo (606 and 406)
3. Wharfedale (Diamond 8 and 9)

After many many auditions and countless reviews read, I've settled for the following combination :-

Denon AVR 1508 + ASD1R (picked it up from Singapore bundle price of 16k)
Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series:-
9.5 as the fronts
9.1 as the surrounds
9.CS as the centre
SW150 as the sub

The speaker set cost me roughly 60k. I'm completely satisfied with the sound for the kind of music I listen to (jazz, blues, classic rock) and the budget I had in mind.

Cheers!

Alok,

Congratulations!

The system looks sweet. Hope you enjoy it for a very long time.

Best regards.

I had auditioned wharfedale and jamo both, but I didn't like wharfedale compared to Jamo. You can blindly buy Jamo S606 which shawn mentioned, I had auditioned them and its awesome for movies and music both.

.....I had auditioned wharfedale and jamo both, but I didn't like wharfedale compared to Jamo. You can blindly buy Jamo S606 which shawn mentioned, I had auditioned them and its awesome for movies and music both.

Are you serious?

No offence, just out of curiosity, what was the system like and what kind of music/movies did you use for auditioning. Could you elaborate on the criteria used to compare both?

My choice would be Wharfedale 9.5 also try auditioning Mordaunt Short 908i they are amazing speakers and terrific VFM. All the Best :)

Regards

Vivek

Are you serious?

No offence, just out of curiosity, what was the system like and what kind of music/movies did you use for auditioning. Could you elaborate on the criteria used to compare both?

Well it is my personal opinion. Afterall its all depend on what your ears like..:) But wanted to mentioned you one thing that before joining this forum I didnt even know about jamo, wharfedale..but after reading this forum I came to know about these brands. I had heard onkyo with jamo, and I was impressed with them but when I heard Marrantz with Jamo, I just loved this combo (Even this combo has been suggested in this forum). I am not able to recollect with what AVR I heard wharfadale, but I really didnt like it in compare with jamo S606. But neways its a personal choice...but thanks unleash_me.. you are doing gr8 job in this forum..and I will really need your help for buying my system..(collecting money to buy my dream system..)

Cheers.

From my experience i have always found the wharfadles to be warm and pleasant. The jamos are nice too ,, but the distinctive character of the wharfadles is what i like. As none of these are bad speakers. there is no clear winner. A choice can only be made based on an audition by the buyer (depending on what sounds better to them).

cheers !!

I had auditioned wharfedale and jamo both, but I didn't like wharfedale compared to Jamo. You can blindly buy Jamo S606 which shawn mentioned, I had auditioned them and its awesome for movies and music both.

Ditto that. I didn't audition S-606 per se, but based on others in the same series I can say Jamo Studio series is any day better than Wharfedale Diamond series (equally priced models).

But then, everyone will have a different liking when it comes to speaker sound.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back