POPCORN HOUR A300-Any first impression?

Guys

If we rip or download a blu ray version of a movie, what the size of the file?

I am trying to estimate how many movies would the Pop Corn Hour A 300 hold?

Ash

Depends on the rip audio & video bitrate... 720p movie can range from 700mb to 10GB although 4-4.5GB would be considered excellent... A 1080p movie can range from 1.4gb to 45gb although anything above 8-10GB is considered extremely good...

An HTPC is nothing but an ordinary PC used for HT purpose. Any desktop PC bought in the last two three years can be converted to HTPC easily. Ready made HTPCs are not easily available. I think Zotac has some models called zbox which are available here, but they are costlier compared to assembled one. A good HTPC can be assembled for around 15-16K including a 1TB HDD.

What would be a good configuration Biju ? I mean actual name/brand of the components etc if the plan is to make a silent pc. Will it fit in a compact horizontal htpc case ?

Please see my signature for the configuraration I am using. Most HTPC oriented motherboards are micro ATX or mini ITX and so they can be fixed in small cabinets. But getting a small, good cabinet is not easy. For a silent music pc that can play 1080p also fluently, consider the amd E350 based boards. These have onboard CPU. I think, Digilite board is available for around 4.5K. If you need more processing power then AMD APUs like llano or the latest Trinity series can be considered.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back