Portable PA System

Red Liner

Hi guys,

I am looking to put together a portable PA system that should be extremely light to carry with me.

I've identified these:

Shure SV100-W Multi-Purpose Microphone with XLR-1/4" Cable: Amazon.in: Musical Instruments

connected through something like

6.3 mm Stereo Male Pin to 3.5 mm Audio Female Connecter: Amazon.in: Electronics

and terminating into

a JBL Flip or a Charge which are very compact and extremely portable.

My question is - will this even work? My use case is very simple - I need it as a portable PA system for someone to talk in places where we have a crowd of say 30-50 people sitting together, but there are no power outlets or the like.

And does the Shure work with pencil batteries or the like?

I need to shop right away if this is possible! Please do recommend best alternatives from a mobility and price angle. I am in Bangalore.

Why don't you pair your Bluetooth headset ( assuming that you use one with your mobile phone, ore get one something like this ) with a portable Bluetooth speaker, may be one of the JBLs that you have mentioned.

If you happen to possess a battery powered portable speaker without Bluetooth capability but one that takes a 3.5 mm input, you can complete your PA by adding this.

This will provide you with a complete solution, with a little less portability.

The cheapest option is to buy an chepo FM microphone, and use (multiple) FM radio instead of the bundled receiver. Sound quality is suspect in this setup.

Last edited:
Why don't you pair your Bluetooth headset ( assuming that you use one with your mobile phone, ore get one something like this ) with a portable Bluetooth speaker, may be one of the JBLs that you have mentioned.

If you happen to possess a battery powered portable speaker without Bluetooth capability but one that takes a 3.5 mm input, you can complete your PA by adding this.

This will provide you with a complete solution, with a little less portability.

The cheapest option is to buy an chepo FM microphone, and use (multiple) FM radio instead of the bundled receiver. Sound quality is suspect in this setup.

Can a BT headset be used as a microphone and the BT speaker be used as a...speaker? Do you guarantee it works?

I would be amazed if it does...it kinda solves all my problems.

Can a BT headset be used as a microphone and the BT speaker be used as a...speaker? Do you guarantee it works?

I would be amazed if it does...it kinda solves all my problems.

:eek:
It seems my first two solutions are duds.

Re: Pairing Bluetooth Headset to JamBox - JAWBONE COMMUNITY

Going back to your first post: The microphone you have chosen is a "dynamic" one. It does not require any batteries. But you'll need 6.3mm Female to 3.5mm male connector.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back