Power Amplifier Help

Hi Anirudh..

Unfortunately I haven't heard a lot of systems around. But some friends whose ears I trust, have tried the magnepans and ATC scm40 speakers with the crown and were happy with the quality. Both these speakers are power hungry and not easy to drive. So the crown is definitely a good price of kit.

From the pres that you have mentioned, I only once heard a schiit tubed pre, and felt it had that slight tubey goodness. It was running a schiit vidar with some atc scm11's and the sound was beautiful..

The above said, my ears and listening tastes are very unique to me and my room. So if would be nice if you can borrow some gear from forum members and give it a try in your system and in your room before you decide.

Should you go for a SS pre. There is always the possibility of adding a good tube buffer to smoother out any rough edges in the sound that you may find. All the best...And happy listening.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back