Power Cord for Tube Amp Cary SLI 80 HS

That's after the transformer and there are several wires distributing current to various components despite thin.
I don't know. Never believed in power cables. Was just wondering if the cheaper volex make any change to the system. πŸ™‚
Volex is an OEM for many big brands, from kettles to Servers. They also supply cords to a lot of hi-fi equipment manufacturers. For a spend of ~β‚Ή300, it's a no brainer to try one.

Nicely wired internals... Which Amp ?

Which setup have you now migrated to after the Esoteric ?

A pic would be lovely (with or without the cables in use ;) )
Haha... Thanks πŸ˜πŸ‘

Iam still stuck with the esoteric. I actually lost interest in the hobby, and didn't bother to switch on my system, or listen to my friends recent additions for almost a year now. Was hiding in a cave to avoid sinfulll temptations like viswamitra.

My recent affair with vinyl ( maneka πŸ˜…πŸ˜…) has some what rekindled the interest again. But it's still quite not the same crush with audio as it once was. So there is a lot of hesitancy and indecisiveness when it comes to new acquisitions, which is very unlike my usual nature, as I always jumped first and counted my teeth later πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. Iam probably just burnt out with the chase 🀣🀣🀣.

The amp is a line magnetic LM 503 PA SET mono block. Sounds really good to my ears so far. Thanks to it, iam not suffering from the dreaded amplification upgraditis syndrome so far 😜.

The cabling is all hidden. But it's a very messy mix of the usual brands, transparent, cardass, siltech, hifidelity and I forgot the rest 🀣🀣.

Below is the pic from the last time I switched it on

IMG-20221002-WA0013.jpg

But this is far better than Cary amp. They must learn from this..Is it DIY?
Haha.... Yeah.. That Cary Amp was out right scary, considering the lethal voltages lurking underneath. Tube amp makers boast of point to point wiring. But cary took it to a different level altogether 🀣🀣🀣. Mine is a LM 503 PA amp, with some upgrades

Haha... Thanks πŸ˜πŸ‘

Iam still stuck with the esoteric. I actually lost interest in the hobby, and didn't bother to switch on my system, or listen to my friends recent additions for almost a year now. Was hiding in a cave to avoid sinfulll temptations like viswamitra.

My recent affair with vinyl ( maneka πŸ˜…πŸ˜…) has some what rekindled the interest again. But it's still quite not the same crush with audio as it once was. So there is a lot of hesitancy and indecisiveness when it comes to new acquisitions, which is very unlike my usual nature, as I always jumped first and counted my teeth later πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. Iam probably just burnt out with the chase 🀣🀣🀣.

The amp is a line magnetic LM 503 PA SET mono block. Sounds really good to my ears so far. Thanks to it, iam not suffering from the dreaded amplification upgraditis syndrome so far 😜.

The cabling is all hidden. But it's a very messy mix of the usual brands, transparent, cardass, siltech, hifidelity and I forgot the rest 🀣🀣.

Below is the pic from the last time I switched it on

View attachment 74211
LOVELY.

Thanks for for the detailed n informative post πŸ™

Which TT is that ?

Some details also on the cartridge n phono stage, please ?

LOVELY.

Thanks for for the detailed n informative post πŸ™

Which TT is that ?

Some details also on the cartridge n phono stage, please ?
Thanks 😍😍 πŸ™πŸ™

The vinyl setup is as below :

TT - Acoustic signature challenger mk3
Arm : Acoustic signature TA1000 10 inch
Cart - EMT TSD 15
SUT : EMT STX 21 ( presently not in the chain, as iam having hum issues with it)
Phono - Big bottle mk3.

Thanks 😍😍 πŸ™πŸ™

The vinyl setup is as below :

TT - Acoustic signature challenger mk3
Arm : Acoustic signature TA1000 10 inch
Cart - EMT TSD 15
SUT : EMT STX 21 ( presently not in the chain, as iam having hum issues with it)
Phono - Big bottle mk3.
Interesting stuff.

I'm not familiar with the TT & it's arm.

Will read up.

Thanks

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back