Power Cords - Source Components - Do they make a differance ??

I used Power Chords in the 200-500 USD range and in the end moved to Finolex DIY :rolleyes:

No worries - I have seen lots of people migrate that route. It's one of those upgrades that is very hard to justify and there is more snake oil than genuine cases for this unfortunately.

this is a topic that has been beaten to death 100s of times on the Forum.

all rise and sing "East or West - Finolex is the best!" (mind the plugs and sockets though!)

and of course - "ashes to ashes, and dust to dust - if the voltage don't get ya, the current must"

there is one last thing to do with this thread though - and that is

wait for unleash_me to post the (exactly) appropriate picture!

and i have been having (deadly) ideas like hot wiring my audio system directly to the electric post - oops! that said what happens to one's digital identity when that one's physical body is lifeless and his/her maker has recalled him/her?

oops! that said what happens to one's digital identity when that one's physical body is lifeless and his/her maker has recalled him/her?

You go up as a sole (oops - soul) instead of being opposite ends of a binary pole. :)

Cheers

I used Power Chords in the 200-500 USD range and in the end moved to Finolex DIY :rolleyes:

Sorry, hope this thread is not closing and I can add my 2 cents.

It depends which 200-500 USD power cords you used. As I had mentioned in a previous post, I use Chris ven Haus' VH Audio Flavor power cords in the 200-300 USD range with excellent Furutech and Oyaide connectors. They make a significant difference over the stock power cords. My wall outlets are also Furutech (30 usd per piece) and in my experience, connectors are equally or more important as cables. Agains, shielded or non-shielded etc make a difference for which equipment you use.

I don't think I will go back to either Finolex types or go forward to exotically priced and fancy cords.

I completely agree with suri's observation that you don't need anything in between the wall outlet and your equipment which will strangle the current demand. I use a single Richard Gray power conditioner (around $700) with four outlets. It is a simple device with a parallel choke. I have plugged the digital and noisy components like CDP, DVDP, processor and TV into it. It is in turn plugged into one of the several parallel wall sockets and my preamp and power amp are directly plugged into the wall sockets.

All I consider additional in future is to run a dedicated power line from may mains to the wall outlets, in line with Ben Duncan's philosophy and seconded by several others in the field.

Just my experiences, that is all.

cheers.
murali

IME, the connectors matter more than the actual cable. Finolex is fine so long as you use good connectors. This is no different from many ICs where the connectors are more expensive than the cable used (or similar n price)

cheers

can-of-worms.jpg

ROFL :lol:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back