Power plant PS AUDIO

After a quick glance through the 9 pages (!) I understand:
PS audio (many of) products are high priced.
Some people don’t like this, others do and the rest mostly don’t care.
Life is unfair.
Personally it's not about the consumer preferences or even the cost of the device.

Rather it's about accountability and ethicality of these manufacturers.

Many buyers have been misled into buying....and PS Audio has gone scotfree because of subjective biases (psychoacoustics).

In fact I feel the American consumers should file a complain against PS Audio......for selling a device which has no performance improvement, and at an exorbitant price.

This has nothing to do individual preference/affordability.

Lovers of this hobby should be concerned when they are sold lies. It's for the sake of the health.

In the long run manufacturers like this will face a certain demise. Let's see it survives when Gen Z becomes the market force.

Personally it's not about the consumer preferences or even the cost of the device.

Rather it's about accountability and ethicality of these manufacturers.

Many buyers have been misled into buying....and PS Audio has gone scotfree because of subjective biases (psychoacoustics).

In fact I feel the American consumers should file a complain against PS Audio......for selling a device which has no performance improvement, and at an exorbitant price.

This has nothing to do individual preference/affordability.

Lovers of this hobby should be concerned when they are sold lies. It's for the sake of the health.

In the long run manufacturers like this will face a certain demise. Let's see it survives when Gen Z becomes the market force.
When you disparage a product , you are also disparaging the choices of someone who bought it with his own money. These are not mutually exclusive.

I personally think high resolution files are crap and are no better than Redbook CDs , but then I don’t go about crying foul about every other high res supporting DACs , streamers etc on the market.

If you are really that motivated , maybe you could contact Amir and do something like the guy who debunked MQA did.

I’d listen to music meanwhile.

Who says so? Read the review again carefully.
He has not measured it under stress to which he himself agrees and states that the results maybe otherwise.

Making such blanket statement in an open forum is not right, especially when you have not owned or measured the product intensively and come up with the facts that the product is absolutely useless.

It is also insult to injury to members who are owning and commenting on the thread that they find it beneficial.

Making such blanket statement in an open forum is not right, especially when you have not owned or measured the product intensively and come up with the facts that the product is absolutely useless.
Fine.

Can I now use the very popular argument: this is my subjective argument. (As I will not have an objective opinion of this being owned by me ever).

PS: it's very interesting that the debate comes to individuals taste/experience/choice despite of the so many disclaimers that it's about ethical practice of manufacturers....and it's the onus of the said manufacturer to come up with an explaination (against the reported measured evidence showing lack of performance). Is it laying credence to fact that audiophiles listen to their gadgets not music? ;)

Fine.

Can I now use the very popular argument: this is my subjective argument. (As I will not have an objective opinion of this being owned by me ever).

PS: it's very interesting that the debate comes to individuals taste/experience/choice despite of the so many disclaimers that it's about ethical practice of manufacturers....and it's the onus of the said manufacturer to come up with an explaination (against the reported measured evidence showing lack of performance). Is it laying credence to fact that audiophiles listen to their gadgets not music? ;)
In that case the list of unethical products and claims would be long…
Cure of baldness
Anti ageing products,
Chloroquine and cow urine as a Covid cures
…to list a few.

Several audio accessories bring a lot of joy to their owners even if they don’t live up to their manufacturers claims.7

I use PS audio regenerator ( except for power amplifier) and it does make the background more silent and the music more enjoyable.

It's really strange that you make all these statements even without listening to the product.
Cheers

despite of the so many disclaimers that it's about ethical practice of manufacturers....and it's the onus of the said manufacturer to come up with an explaination (against the reported measured evidence showing lack of performance). Is it laying credence to fact that audiophiles listen to their gadgets not music? ;)
You can disclaim all you want and you've done so multiple times in this thread. Despite that, I too am amazed that there will always be that someone/s who, despite this not being about them AT ALL, will try to defend said piece of equipment even though it does not need defending!
Several audio accessories bring a lot of joy to their owners even if they don’t live up to their manufacturers claims.7
Especially if one has paid good money for it.

The kind of close company I keep and the boring folks who surround me usually ask me one of these 3 questions

1. Why do you smoke? It is bad for health
2. Why do you drink? only bad people drink
3. Why do you eat non-veg. Eating makes one a hot angry person and it is evil

The way people defend their equipment when it measures bad - Why do you comment when you haven't used it, gives me an idea of asking all my well wishers to try smoking, drinking and prove that it spoilt their health before asking me to get rid of such habits.

In that case the list of unethical products and claims would be long…
Cure of baldness
Anti ageing products,
Chloroquine and cow urine as a Covid cures
…to list a few.

My apologies. I just now realised I have resorted to Whataboutery.

I use PS audio regenerator ( except for power amplifier) and it does make the background more silent and the music more enjoyable.

It's really strange that you make all these statements even without listening to the product.
Cheers

There are those who love the theory..the ASR folks, to their credit do the Audiophile world a service by measuring and publishing those which no manufacturer does. If i understood FM @Enkay78 , he is ranting lamenting on the same lack of testing or availability of data which we should all ask for in the spirit of transparency. although the way it has come out seems to be he is disparaging the users, his intent ( i infer) is the former .

While the intent is right, I do not see this happening soon hence if you do see and like a product which fits in to your sound expectations, no rational human being will grudge you on your ability to discern whats good for you which you have paid with your own money and does not hurt anyone else.

Over the (y)ears my tastes in audio and drinks seem to have progressed similarly. its for personal joy and as long as it comes from a trusted brand and tastes/sounds/feels good and is affordable by me have no hangups with going for it.

Thankfully in audio you possibly can sell off something does not work for you as long as its a known brand.

Last edited:
There are those who love the theory..the ASR folks, to their credit do the Audiophile world a service by measuring and publishing those which no manufacturer does. If i understood FM @Enkay78 , he is ranting on the same lack of testing or availability of data which we should all ask for in the spirit of transparency. although the way it has come out seems to be he is disparaging the users, his intent ( i infer) is the former .

While the intent is right, I do not see this happening soon hence if you do see and like a product which fits in to your sound expectations, no rational human being will grudge you on your ability to discern whats good for you which you have paid with your own money and does not hurt anyone else.

Over the (y)ears my tastes in audio and drinks seem to have progressed similarly. its for personal joy and as long as it comes from a trusted brand and tastes/sounds/feels good and is affordable by me have no hangups with going for it.

Thankfully in audio you possibly can sell off something does not work for you as ling as its a known brand.
Actually it's not a rant.

It's just a perspective. And rather more of accountability. Let's see if PS Audio does something about this measurements evidences of 'no performance'.

And on the disparaging aspect......of we read carefully what I wrote ....right from the OP, I never for once blamed any buyer.

On the contrary I was amazed at the way the thread was attacked ......and even coming to personal insinuations. The arguments never came into more context of whether Amir in ASR did the test right, whether what was measured means PS Audio was lying, and ultimately whether the electrical measurements show any improvement in performance. Rathe I was made to feel like an 'ASR bhakt', 'ASR folks' and even insinuated what I was doing here in this subjective forum.

I am even more suprised by your interpretation that I am ranting.

I was hoping for a thread of merit.

Last edited:
Actually it's not a rant.

It's just a perspective. And rather more of accountability. Let's see if PS Audio does something about this measurements evidences of 'no performance'.

And on the disparaging aspect......of we read carefully what I wrote ....right from the OP, I never for once blamed any buyer.

On the contrary I was amazed at the way the thread was attacked ......and even coming to personal insinuations. The arguments never came into more context of whether Amir in ASR did the test right, whether what was measured means PS Audio was lying, and ultimately whether the electrical measurements show any improvement in performance. Rathe I was made to feel like an 'ASR bhakt', 'ASR folks' and even insinuated what I was doing here in this subjective forum.

I am even more suprised by your interpretation that I am ranting.

I was hoping for a thread of merit.

I was actually agreeing with you in case it came out otherwise.. From the responses of people it did appear you were disparaging and hence some of the responses but you have clarified that was not your intent. Also ASR has merit and brings out a necessary aspect of this hobby despite it being criticised by some.

Anyway lets close this with all having the best intentions and maybe wrong interpretations.

Last edited:
I was actually agreeing with you in case it came out otherwise.. From the responses of people it did appear you were disparaging and hence some of the responses but you have clarified that was not your intent. Also ASR has merit and brings out a necessary aspect of this hobby despite it being criticised by some.

Anyway lets close this with all having the best intentions and maybe wrong interpretations.
Now I am little relieved.

Atleast some sanity is being restored. Otherwise it was starting to look like a egofest......:D

Now I am little relieved.

Atleast some sanity is being restored. Otherwise it was starting to look like aic egofest......:D
It was mostly comprehensation issues from both sides, which sometimes petered into what you have termed as egofest...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back