Power Protection for AVR devices

rajivaryan1984

Dear Fm's,

There is one important decision I need to take in regards to the protection of my AV or HT devices which consists of LED TV 65 Inches, Marantz SR7013, Marantz PM8006, Marantz CD 6006, Marantz NA 8006, SVS SB3000, Rega Planar 3, UHD Player from Sony, NVIDIA Shield Pro, Apple TV, PS4 and Xbox One.

1. The new apartment where I am shifting next month is near to the completion stage of the entire project which means the builder will receive the final OC certificate by Jan 2021 and post then only we will get a dedicated meter from BESCOM. As of now the builder has made provision to supply electricity to the individual apartments directly to their RCCB for those who have started shifting to the flats. This means their might be fluctuations sometimes or often and voltage may not be constant.

2. In the area where I am shifting there are minimal 7-8 times power cuts in a day but though there is power back up but the shift from power cut to power back up and then when the power comes back the shift from power backup is very dangerous for the equipment's above as the shift is very sudden before we reach out to the main switch.

Please advise as what is the best solution to save my precious HT devices including the LED TV from the problems mentioned above....

I have hooked all my AV equipments to APC BR1000G UPS and it is working like a charm. Any offline UPS with a switch over time of 4ms or less should do the trick.

Hi, given your equipments, the combined max wattage is quite high. For my set up which includes 65 Inch oled, marantz sr6013, 3.1 setup, PS4, Tata sky and couple of modems, I am using APC SUA2200I-IND. It is a 2kw line interactive ups with switchover time of 2ms and pure sine wave output.
I also have inverter back up. But switchover time is 10 ms. So equipment used to get restart whenever there is power failure. But this UPS is pretty good. No flicker, nothing. It is very silent as well. A bit expensive, but a quality product.
Hope it helps

Anyone have thoughts on the sine wave configuration impact for a smart TV or PC? If I understand APC forum correctly their stepped sine wave and pure sine wave output will carry over the operation of each.

I see this in the APC support chat:

ATSS
Novice

10/24/2018 7:23 PM
So to summarize, here is what i understand to be true:

The BR1000MS and SMC1000C both support true sine wave output, AVR trim, and have similar power protection functionality.
Where they differ is in the features, where the SMC series is clearly designed for server use, while the BR series is not; here is a quick rundown of the differences:
The SMC supports network shutdown with a module upgrade, and the software it uses (Business Edition) has alert capabilities, and supports Server operating systems.
The BR does not support network shutdown, and the software it uses (Personal Edition) does not have alert capabilities, nor is it supported (although it may work) on server operating systems. That being said, the BR does add Coaxial and Ethernet surge protection.

Is this correct?
Thanks,
Jerry

APC appears to have pure sine wave and step sine wave equipment available for the amperage required by the equipment we have. This for the
BR1000-G-IN

Technical Specifications​

Print

Download

Output​

Max Configurable Power (Watts)
600 Watts / 1.0kVA
Efficiency at Full Load
84.0 %
Output Frequency (sync to mains)
50/60 Hz +/- 1 Hz Sync to mains
Topology
Line interactive
Waveform type
Stepped approximation to a sinewave
Transfer Time
8 ms typical : 12 ms maximum

Pro 1500G-IN available on Amazon now

Technical Specifications​

Print

Download

Output​

Max Configurable Power (Watts)
865 Watts / 1.5kVA
Efficiency at Full Load
85.0 %
Output Frequency (sync to mains)
50/60 Hz +/- 1 Hz Sync to mains
Topology
Line interactive
Waveform type
Stepped approximation to a sinewave
Transfer Time
6 ms typical : 10 ms maximum

1602913880077.png

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back