Power supply for dac with earthing terminal

I did the test with the voltmeter today, everything looks good, voltage diff between live and neutral 228, live and ground also 228 and neutral and ground 0. I have a cheap voltmeter so i am guessing diff in mV between neutral and ground could not have been picked up by the device.
Is this enough to assume that my power connections are good? Are there other features also that can have an effect on a connected device? I am really confused how my two allo nirvanas stopped working ( voltage spikes are not an issue, i have been monitoring voltage consistently and never seen any number beyond [225,255]). Morever all my equipments are connected to the same extension and I have not witnessed any other issue
Spikes can come into your power feed lasting as few milliseconds to a few seconds. You cant manually catch those. Also your neutral to ground reading can change depending on the time of year and the condition of the earthing and earth pit of your building. So whilst you may see everything ok for that point in time it doesn't necessarily have to be so 24x7. Hence power conditioners are made to protect equipment 24x7.

So what’s the update? Did you get the results you where hoping for with an isolation transformer?

Yes and not the best solution for audio. Servo stabilizer is just a something is better then nothing product.
Well something is better than nothing is indeed better. Just didn’t have the peace of mind without voltage stabilisation. I got both vertex servo and isolation transformer in a single cabinet. Like sidvee as highlighted the use cases it should be good enough for most cases. My point does stand for the protection part against neutral faults, Dc leakage and emi/rfi interference. Need isolation transformer and now I have both.

Back