poweramp

balakrishna

sir,
i am thinking of going in for vincent sp997 monoblocks. output is 150w at8 ohms or 250w at 4 ohms. cost is rs 39000 per block. are they good?. will also consider other brands with about the same output and price range.

Hi,

First any particular reason for choosing this ??? second where in bangalore did you audition it ??

Now before we could recommend anything,it'd be better if you can brief bout the music taste of yours and the partnering equipments including the speakers !!

Although there's nothing wrong with selection or the brand ! I should say there are many other choices in the price range !!

For one there's Odyssey Khartago at around 70-80 ! then there's Startos which is been raved by every other guy who own's it or heard ! there are tonnes of them here in this very forum who can vouch for it !

Then there is Jatton Operetta which is another good amp ! there is a discussion going on on these amps in a thread ! Below is the link,just check that and see,you'll get all the info possible !

The Amp Thread

There as I said many but before knowing the stuff (the above questions) its not possible to give a proper answer ! so just go through it and let Us know what you think as in this thread they've talked bout many such combinations ! perhaps then we shall recommend !

Regards.

Hey! I completly agree with soundsgreat.
I hope you've heard the vincents in your set up?
All the best
Cheers

whats the rest of your setup balakrishna. as soundsgreat said, matching your system is very important

Hi,

Although there's nothing wrong with selection or the brand ! I should say there are many other choices in the price range !!

QUOTE]

I second this. Last year I auditioned Vincent's hybrid amp. In simple words "It is NO GOOD".

For the given budget of Rs 80K, there are plenty of options available to choose from . And if you are Okay with pre-owned one then for this budget you can have an Amp 10 times better than that Vincent you are talking about.

Hi,

QUOTE]

I second this. Last year I auditioned Vincent's hybrid amp. In simple words "It is NO GOOD".

For the given budget of Rs 80K, there are plenty of options available to choose from . And if you are Okay with pre-owned one then for this budget you can have an Amp 10 times better than that Vincent you are talking about.

was the vincent amp you auditioned a class a amplifier or class b. i auditioned a vincent too and found it not to be very dynamic - slightly dull in areas. when i left the showroom i realised that it was a class a amplifier and it could be that the amp didnt warm up sufficiently

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back