Pre-Wiring - during construction

geogeocnd

Hi Friends,

I'm new to this site and would appreciate your valuable suggestions. I'm constructing my house and planning to use my living room for a small HT setup. Living room is 16 feetx12 feet. Planning to go for a 46'' LCD ?(wall mount), 5.1 setup and my infocus screenplay 4805 (if I have any provision :) .

Can you please give some advice on the pre-wiring I should do - to have the TV wall mounted. & also the 5.1 setup My wall is 9'' Brick wall.

Thanks in advance.
George

I went though something similar about a year ago, and did not plan as well as I could have. You need to have different conduits for power and signal wiring, and decide where to locate your rack and speakers. For power wiring, make sure you have a few extra outlets because in the future if you plan extra devices you dont want to be short of outlets. For wiring up speaker wires, you can get wall plates (do a web search and you will get more info), which will cover the signal conduit at both ends.You may also want to consider a UPS for your projector, if so plan accordingly.

Back