Prem ko aisey kyon karna pada? (why did prem have to do this?)

Suri - Dont know hindi word for esoteric :eek:

Kundalini is described as a sleeping, dormant potential force in the human organism.[6] It is one of the components of an esoteric description of man's 'subtle body', which consists of nadis (energy channels), chakras (psychic centres), prana (subtle energy), and bindu (drops of essence).

Kundalini is described as being coiled up at the base of the spine, usually within muladhara chakra. The image given is that of a serpent coiled 3 and a half times around a smokey grey lingam. Each coil is said to represent one of the 3 gunas, with the half coil signifying transcendence.

Through meditation, and various esoteric practices, such as laya-yoga,[7] and kriya yoga, the kundalini is awakened, and can rise up through the central nadi, called sushumna, that rises up inside or alongside the spine. The progress of kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until the kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience.

Kundalini is described as a sleeping, dormant potential force in the human organism.[6] It is one of the components of an esoteric description of man's 'subtle body', which consists of nadis (energy channels), chakras (psychic centres), prana (subtle energy), and bindu (drops of essence).

Kundalini is described as being coiled up at the base of the spine, usually within muladhara chakra. The image given is that of a serpent coiled 3 and a half times around a smokey grey lingam. Each coil is said to represent one of the 3 gunas, with the half coil signifying transcendence.

Through meditation, and various esoteric practices, such as laya-yoga,[7] and kriya yoga, the kundalini is awakened, and can rise up through the central nadi, called sushumna, that rises up inside or alongside the spine. The progress of kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until the kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience.

Are we talking about the birds and bees again ? hehe

Regards,
@ss

Talk about going from london to tokyo without actually getting there!!!:eek:hyeah::rolleyes::D:lol:;)
Suri, you surely have a knack - God Gifted One at that!!!:clapping:
Continue enlightening us with your 'London to Tokyo' ways:lol:

Suri, that was a whole lot of traditional/indian medical info.

Denom, good job with the translations!

Lekin sawaal ab bhi baaki hein, Prem ko aiso kyon karna pada? Kyon?

Lekin sawaal ab bhi baaki hein, Prem ko aiso kyon karna pada?

the answer is here (jawaab yahaan par hai)-

The Esoteric just sounded better than the vinyl rig. Thats all there is to it. I mainly listen to old Hindi stuff, ghazals and classic rock. On the old hindi stuff, the vinyl has a slightly better tone but on the Esoteric its way more open and alive.

kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience.
Only 'Chakra' that I know which can do that are these...
13803_Photoshop_website_template_stock_photo_vinyl_record_photograph_in_photoshop..gif

:)

The Esoteric just sounded better than the vinyl rig. Thats all there is to it. I mainly listen to old Hindi stuff, ghazals and classic rock. On the old hindi stuff, the vinyl has a slightly better tone but on the Esoteric its way more open and alive.

and now - an open question -

after switching, and liking the openness (of the esoteric) - will your loudspeakers change? -

will you remain with the rethms -?

Hi Suri

Will stick with the Rethms. In the new Saadhana version, the bass is very linear compared to the earlier model. Before i got into the vinyl rig, i had an Esoteric rig. I have been with Esoteric for nearly 6 years now. Recently I changed from a Esoteric P70 D70 rig to an X03SE.

Will stick with the Rethms. In the new Saadhana version.........

Hi Prem,

Zarine was saying that Suresh is going to be making a new range of speakers with custom paper (full-range) drivers (not the Lowthers) which are "much better than the lowthers" (quoting Zarine) -these are made in ?hyderabad by an ex-peerless (india) employee, who has branched out on his own -

Better than the Lowthers? - well, if that is so, then that indian is going to be a name headed for fame- and, apparently, the new driver does not have the mid-range "shout" that the Lowthers are famous for.

regds

Hi Suri

The new drivers made in India are being used in the Rethm Trishna. The drivers for use in Saadhanas to replace the Lowthers is under development.

will you remain with the rethms -?

@ prem -

there is a background to that question - and i think it dates back to 1996 or so-

i went to cochin with a friend of mine (this friend supplied the plywood used in the original rethms)-

i was not terribly interested in loudspeakers and music at that point of time -

friend asked me- " do you want to listen to loudspeakers?"

i said - "no" -

but went along with him - to Suresh's listening room in kakanad-

THAT NIGHT WAS ONE OF THE MOST REMARKABLE NIGHTS IN MY LIFE!

Suresh played Stevie Ray Vaughan's -"Tin Pan Alley" - and those (bigger) Lowthers created a special MAGIC - massaged by Suresh's expert touch!

i knew i had to have those speakers (else commit harakiri) -

and, so, i asked Suresh - "how much do you want for them?"-

he said - (the equivalent of) - ?7 lakhs INR - ? 3.5 lakhs INR -

i did not have that kind of money at that time - but, it seemed to me that i was a poor man - who should have had access to that kind of money - because those speakers were that good.

many years passed - money came my way - and then i heard that Suresh had (because of popular demand) added sub-woofers to the rethms - and this time, i demanded an audition - and we went to cochin-

and that day - the magic carpet was pulled out from under my feet! - those dual (peerless) subwoofers were too slow to keep up with those super-fast Lowthers - the evening was pleasant - but for me - it was the death of a dream.

in fact, i do not think that any subwoofer (however well designed) can keep pace with the Lowthers -

and i think that co-locating the subwoofers within the rethm housing will cause all sorts of improper (room) modes -

perhaps, the original rethms (perfect as they were) should have been left alone ?- and Suresh could have developed a separate subwoofer module (to be located elsewhere in the room)

Zarine insists " we do not use subwoofers - we use woofers - subwoofers are only meant to add 'thunk' " -

but, i think ignorance about (better) sub-woofers may have led to that way of thought

regds suri

Last edited:
Hi Suri

I have only heard the Rethm Seconds at Jacobs place. Thats what i think floored you. I do not know how the Saadhanas sound at his place. I have had both the Seconds and the Saadhanas. The bass integrates extremely well at my place. All the immediacy of the Seconds is there in the Saadhanas. However your impression of the Saadhanas at Jacobs place is similar to what my friend experienced at Jacobs place. My friend has heard the Saadhanas at my place too but unlike in Cochin he did not find the bass slow or sluggish.

The first listen to a Rethm is always breathtaking. Holographic sound staging and realism like never experienced before. This was the rethm the second at Jacobs place in 2002.

I too have never been so impressed with the woofer integration in the Sadhanas. With very careful tuning I have been able to archive very close integration at the Absolute phase demo room but somehow my brain needs to work overtime to assimilate a seamless integration as opposed to total brain relaxation which I heard with the rethm the second.

Hi i am very surprised. The bass integrates seamlessly. Even Srajan at 6 moons had no problems with the integration. Art Dudley at Stereophile too thought it was a great speaker. If there was any problem with the bass being slow or sluggish i am sure these guys would have pointed it out.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back