Prem ko aisey kyon karna pada? (why did prem have to do this?)

suri

Prem (a member of our forum) -

has shifted from analogue vinyl to compact disc digital (two channel stereo) recently.

and prem is not a person (i have reason to believe) who will settle for "less"

so why did he do it?

Prem would the ideal person to ANSWER this but I can HAZARD a guess.

I have seen some others also doing this. The answers I got are a mixture of the following.

-If you are an unbiased audiophile with an open mind, you will notice that after a certain level in digital audio, the sound is very analogue and natural sounding. The cost is high (unless you DIY) but if you can afford it, the result is extremely satisfying.

-The question of what music you listen to and which format does most justice to your kind of music !

-Availability of music for your choice of music.

-How much you want to push your expenditure in a certain direction to achieve your minimum level of expectations. Most of the time it is easier to achieve a very high level of quality in the digital domain at a much lower cost than analogue.

-Analogue is a tweakers domain. If you do not have the time or inclination, it can be a frustrating experience. Note: Most casual music lovers who play analogue will not agree to this statement but the sound from such casually setup analogue setups are a nightmare for an audiophile. It will sound very romantic and mushy but will be far away from what can be achieved by a dedicated audiophile.

-Convenience

Last edited:
hehehe! moktan! -

i read the article through -

here is an excerpt -

""The way the industry is going, pretty soon there's not going to be any vinyl, there's not going to be any CDs," Weiland said. "I've been doing this for 25 years. This is the biggest opportunity for change I've ever seen. It is what it is. We all love vinyl, we all love CDs. But how long do we want to fight over the same 300 customers that are left in ten years? We just can't do it. We've got to expand our base. We've got to get the young people who are interested in good sound and are interested in the new music, somehow we've got to infect them with the disease. Computer downloading and music playback from computer are the wave of the future."

Or, as another attendee put it, "Everything that's all-analog is obsolete."

looks like that Moktan!:)

Kya yeh thread (dhaga?) ek naya vernacular title's (?) ka trend (?) shuru kare gi?:)

Gee Hahn (Sir,yes)-

Jaise (like)

Love at First Sight (Pahli Nazar Par Pyar Hota Hai)

just like indian railway station!

Kya yeh thread (dhaga?) ek naya vernacular title's (?) ka trend (?) shuru kare gi?:)
Agar aisa hua to (If that happens) ...
HIFIVISION ~ Oonchi sachchai ki drushti
Members ~ Sadasya
Record Player ~ Thali Baaja
Speakers ~ Dhwani paida karne wale bakse
Sound stage ~ Dhwani Rangmanch

Bablu with the help of Members listened to analogue sound of record player. Bablu says his soundstage increased and speakers disappeared.

Sadsyon ki madad se Bablu ne thali baaja suna. Bablu ne kaha uska dhwani rangmanch badh gaya aur dhwani paida karne wale bakse gayab ho gaye.

Agar aisa hua to (If that happens) ...
HIFIVISION ~ Oonchi sachchai ki drushti
Members ~ Sadasya
Record Player ~ Thali Baaja
Speakers ~ Dhwani paida karne wale bakse
Sound stage ~ Dhwani Rangmanch

Bablu with the help of Members listened to analogue sound of record player. Bablu says his soundstage increased and speakers disappeared.

Sadsyon ki madad se Bablu ne thali baaja suna. Bablu ne kaha uska dhwani rangmanch badh gaya aur dhwani paida karne wale bakse gayab ho gaye.

u forgot to convert this in hindi:rolleyes: oops 'aap ye shabd koh hindi mein nahin bataa pahye' :cool::eek:hyeah:

u forgot to convert this in hindi:rolleyes: oops 'aap ye shabd koh hindi mein nahin bataa pahye' :cool::eek:hyeah:

:mad:Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hai
:):sad:Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
:indifferent14:Jaane Bhi Do Yaron
:eek: Thodisi Bewafai
:p Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na
:yahoo:Mera Naam Joker
;)Woh Kaun Thi
:rolleyes:Aaj Ka MLA
:licklips:Mirch Masala
:eek:hyeah:Lage Raho Munnabhai
:cool:Mast
:clapping:Oh Darling Yeh Hai India

The Esoteric just sounded better than the vinyl rig. Thats all there is to it. I mainly listen to old Hindi stuff, ghazals and classic rock. On the old hindi stuff, the vinyl has a slightly better tone but on the Esoteric its way more open and alive.

The Esoteric just sounded better than the vinyl rig. Thats all there is to it. I mainly listen to old Hindi stuff, ghazals and classic rock. On the old hindi stuff, the vinyl has a slightly better tone but on the Esoteric its way more open and alive.

Yes -

now hitensitapara -

post an accurate hindi translation of prem's post - with a hindi word for esoteric

I mainly listen to old Hindi stuff, ghazals
That's what I plan to do in future, listening to hindi stuff on vinyl (will be better than 'remastered' Hindi Audio CDs) and rest on digital source.
Suri - Dont know hindi word for esoteric :eek:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back