Price of Onkyo TX-SR605 in Chennai Grey market??

cruise_1982

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know the current price of Onkyo TX-SR605 in Chennai Gray Market?.I inquired at the Onkyo Dealer in chennai and
the price was around 36000. Please suggest me some shops where I can get the receiver at gray market prices. If the difference is not huge, I would better buy with Warranty and bill.

Re: Price of Onkyo TX-SR605 in Chennai Gray market??

Hi,

Can you please tell me where he bought the unit?, I mean which shop in Chennai?

Hi,
Wow Onkyo in Grey Market Hmm ! I thought thats the only brand in india which not available in the grey !

Regards

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know the current price of Onkyo TX-SR605 in Chennai Gray Market?.I inquired at the Onkyo Dealer in chennai and
the price was around 36000. Please suggest me some shops where I can get the receiver at gray market prices. If the difference is not huge, I would better buy with Warranty and bill.

PLEASE HOLD ON.TX SR605 MODEL IS AVAILABLE AT 30K WITH THE ONKYO DEALER 5.1 DIGITAL PARK AT ASHOK NAGAR,CHENNAI-RECENTLY I SPOKE TO THEM AT TRADE EXPO.EVEN U CAN BARGAIN LESSER,SINCE TXSR606 IS GETTING LAUNCHED THIS WEEK AT ONKYO.;)

Thanks for the info man, I will hold on for some time. If you have the address of the 5.1 Digital Park in Ashok nagar, please give me, I will pay them a visit.

Thanks for the info man, I will hold on for some time. If you have the address of the 5.1 Digital Park in Ashok nagar, please give me, I will pay them a visit.

Hi Cruise. The no of 5.1 digital park is:044 42033522 , 42033291.
You can even contact ONKYO direct sales rep Shanmugam at 9841001640.He can guide u better.

Onkyo TX-SR505 or TX-SR606

Hi Guys

There is only difference in Onkyo TX-SR505 and 606 is the HDMI

Could anyone tel me what exactly HDMI does? and if you dosent have HDMI in your receiver dose it make any difference in your sound quality?

and secondly which speakers would go with this for a good home theater?

HDMI supports, on a single cable, any TV or PC video format including standard, enhanced, and high-definition video along with up to 8 channels of digital audio. This is because the Movie on Blu-ray is encoded in 7.1 channel codecs.Inorder to get the maximum quality from BLu-ray movie HDMI will be a must, however for a DVD movie, there might be a slight enhancement in audio quality which I believe will be negligible(I am not sure though).

I am currently using Klipsch Quintet SL5 speakers with TX-SR606 receiver and the sound quality is really good. I use my Playstation 3 as the BLu-ray & DVD player. I would suggest you to buy SR606, as there is no price difference betweeen both, but SR606 is more future proof than SR605.

And regarding HDMI, have a look at the link below.

High-Definition Multimedia Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since Onyko has its head office, showroom, and a number of retail outlets in Chennai, there is NO gray market for Onkyo products in Chennai. You can try Burma Bazar, where they will claim to import from Singapore or Dubai, but I would not buy from them.

Cheers

Back