Price variation for SOny Ex400 32 inch... please help where to buy

Shashi

Since many people asked me to bargain, i did some research and have some questions to experts here.

I have taken example as EX400- 32 inch LCD from Sony. Look at the price variation

KLV-32EX400 : EX400 Series : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India - 42,900

Stores like Adishwar, Pai, Girias, Reliance digital quote 39- 40 k. i have not bargained. may be they will reduce it by 1500 to rs 2000

Now look at this

LCD TV | Buy LCD TV on Storecoin Shopping | Best Deals and Offers on LCD TV | Buy LCD TV Online | Lowest Prices for LCD TV | Send LCD TV Gifts | Online Shopping for LCD TV - online purchase Rs.32,990.00

Sony 32inch LCD TV EX400 with 1 year Dealer warranty TV, prices - 32990

Best of all

sony, 32 inch items at low prices on eBay India

Rs 30,900

Now my doubts:

1. Is it safe to do an online purchase of a LCD tv from ebay
2. Are the real genuine TV sets supplied or is it demo piece / used piece
3. how are they able to provide it for a such a low price
4. how is the shipping handled. who does installation

If somebody has already purchased it online , can you please comment

well the ones sold in ebay ,shopmania and others are the grey market imports brought without paying customs but comes with dealers warranty.yes they are new pieces,,mostly factory sealed.
you can get the same in bangalore grey market perhaps a little bit cheaper but without warranty.

You have to do the installation.

Last edited:
@adder, Thanks for the info.

grey market imports brought without paying customs but comes with dealers warranty, how this is possible. in the sense will ebay provide warranty . Will there be any support provided from sony service centres in case of any issues. Its not clear to me .

Will we get receipts for the purchase.?

grey market imports brought without paying customs but comes with dealers warranty, how this is possible. in the sense will ebay provide warranty . Will there be any support provided from sony service centres in case of any issues. Its not clear to me .

Well you will need to contact the seller for the exact details and receipt,afaik in case of a problem you will have to ship the unit to the dealer,he will either repair it or replace it.IF there is physical damage the dealer won't honor the warranty.
Well its a gamble for the dealer since not all devices will fail within a year.
Sony will do a paid service,it won't honor the dealers warranty.

Incase you do buy them get a good voltage stabilizer first.

dealer warranty means that if the product fails within one year then the dealer will get the set repaired, or in any case he will take most of the headache. eBay will NOT provide warranty. It is just a forum where sellers can sell their wares, much like a market. If buying from eBay you will generally be protected in the sense that eBay will not authorize payment until you have confirmed receipt of the item. But dealer warranty from another state will be a big headache. You will have to send the TV all the way back to the dealer at your own cost in case of any malfunction. Like adder suggested buy a TV from your local grey market. In fact, buying from grey market there is lesser probability of your being duped with a used/ demo set. I think that all grey market dealers will insist on payment of money before opening the box. Then if there is any problem they will give you another set.
By the way, the eBay price may be 30,900, but there is an additional shipping cost of 1500/-. So better to get from your own area. Otherwise if TV arrives in damaged condition you will have to shell out an additional 1500 just to get the set replaced. Regarding receipt for the purchase..... even if the dealer gives you a receipt you will not be able to claim warranty from the authorised service centre.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back