Pro Audio kits in various budgets for home consumers

There are many users on AVS and abroad forums who wants /uses Single digit frequency for LFE. The main problem you should have subs capable with higher head room so that the house curve can be set hotter/higher SPL @ single digit frequency so that one should able to enjoy more and feel the difference.

There are many users on AVS and abroad forums who wants /uses Single digit frequency for LFE. The main problem you should have subs capable with higher head room so that the house curve can be set hotter/higher SPL @ single digit frequency so that one should able to enjoy more and feel the difference.
Correct..
SPL matters.

Apologies K-pad, didn't want to digress from the thread. But below 20 hz, humans may not hear but feel vibrations if heard from a good capable subwoofer without going into brands. It certainly isn't a placebo effect.
What apologies and all sir!
I myself can hear only starting from 35 Hz :D (from several of those frequency videos on YT)

And on the topic itself, @imagineer 's link and @RajithKumar bhai's post explained a bit.

For home use, sticking to consumer products should work for most people. For those who know what they are getting into and know what to do with stuff, maybe pro speakers could provide that last bit of extra juice for their requirements...

Will keep reading/learning. :)

For movies these might have benefits , but for only music I’m not sure if <30Hz subs have any value…
Unless, as somebody mentioned earlier, the genre concerned is EDM, hip hop and the like. Without a sub that can dig below 30, much information is lost.

What apologies and all sir!
I myself can hear only starting from 35 Hz :D (from several of those frequency videos on YT)

And on the topic itself, @imagineer 's link and @RajithKumar bhai's post explained a bit.

For home use, sticking to consumer products should work for most people. For those who know what they are getting into and know what to do with stuff, maybe pro speakers could provide that last bit of extra juice for their requirements...

Will keep reading/learning. :)
Which subwoofer did you use to experience?
20hz is a thing, actually even 10hz if there's sufficient power.

Btw, do check the equal loudness curve. The SPL needed for 20hz is really high to be audible, thats why pro audio rocks ( for home cinema at least)

I don’t know about home theatre but I’ve seen what a pair of dual 15’’ Eminence drivers can do to a stereo rig. It’s not just about how deep it goes , it’s about the scale and intensity of the bass. And I was listening to DSOTM LP on original British pressing , cut hot.

Unless, as somebody mentioned earlier, the genre concerned is EDM, hip hop and the like. Without a sub that can dig below 30, much information is lost.
and there are , if not many out there, one may be listing to half of the songs ( from the frequencies perceptive ),Try the below ,with sub and without sub, if this is CD, still better than this youtub.
mmm , I'm not that good on identifing genres.
- the last few minutes

I prefer these song with sub

and finally , this sounds a bit funny. - may need a better sub or headphone.

Not against anybody, sorry to say, This thread is full of misconceptions and blatant claims without even experiencing what they are talking about. The words like "probably", "I Doubt" etc are used for those claims. I could see all those claims are based on heresays and others' opinions. I would suggest them to experience such setups and come to a conclusion.
Good Pro audio dynamics and the crisp clean effortless big cinema sound is additive. Constant-Wide directivity and sound power are very critical for a theater use. Most tweeters cant do the dynamics like a compression driver. High SPL is a misconception, thats why we have volume control. Mid bass kick from the 12" / 15" drivers are something to be felt.
Sub 30Hz is pretty much listenable and the infrasonics can be clearly felt ONLY if the seating and sub locations are proper. Moreover a sub can give a fuller sound that can affect its higher octaves, similar kind of enhancement by the freqs above 20KHz.
Eg of a movie with single digit subsonics, ~7Hz in Edge of Tomorrow.

Last edited:
When the body / chairs/ couch resonates .The frequency depends upon the material. So when it happens you may feel the vibration. Yes 30hz itself more than enough for vibration to feel.
This is a very important aspect missed by many.
For example - The bass felt on a sofa/ recliner is way better than on a bed.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back