Proac Speakers in Pune

I have had the opportunity to listen to both the Studio 140 and the Response 1SC paired with Audio Research electronics. I'd have to say I was far more impressed by the 1SC than the floorstanders. The 1SC is a beautiful speaker - uncolored midrange, the highs were completely grainfree and it had ample bass for such a small bookshelf. The imaging was spot on as well.

In comparison, the Studio 140 was no way close. It was on the warmer side of neutral and just didn't take my breath away like the little bookshelf.

Sid and Pritvi,
Thanks for your thoughts. I got the ProAc 125. Tell you, I'm delighted with the sound. They are absolutely great with the Linn Classik Music.
Pritvi, I reside in UAE since 1998, and Dubai Audio, who I'm sure are your pals, is where I pick all my stuff. Previously I had an Arcam and Kef combo.
Many thanks to you guys for sharing your knowledge. Also thanks to those behind the forum.
Cheers

Congrats on your purchase. Now just sit down and listen to music. Start investing in more music.

I have had the opportunity to listen to both the Studio 140 and the Response 1SC paired with Audio Research electronics. I'd have to say I was far more impressed by the 1SC than the floorstanders. The 1SC is a beautiful speaker - uncolored midrange, the highs were completely grainfree and it had ample bass for such a small bookshelf. The imaging was spot on as well.

In comparison, the Studio 140 was no way close. It was on the warmer side of neutral and just didn't take my breath away like the little bookshelf.

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh is all I can say about the Response 1sc. I have personally tried it with my Unison Research S6 SET and its just fantastic. They have and always will be my fav reference bookshelf speakers, other than the Linn Katans. Still Burning in the new Linn Majik 109 bookshelfs. Cant say much about it right now.

Will be getting the new ProAc Responce D2 bookshelfs , they have got a good rating, am sure they will be very nice.

Pritvi,
Many thanks for your tips again. Keep up the good work of sharing your knowledge with others.
Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back