Problem with my Samasung Plasma

bondguy2009

Hey Guys,
I've got a problem with Samsung Plasma TV. Now, after more than 2 years, it has give nme a problem. The video is copmpletely out. I have a blank screen. But, the audio is perfect.
The Technician from Samsung says, we have to change a tube (most probably I thought he meant the picture tube) and it will cost me more than 30k. What could be the problem. Its a 42" screen which I bought in 2006. Does it have to do something with the refilling of gas or something. What could it possibly be. Is the quote right enough. Is it really so expensive? Pls guide me as to what to do

why don't you ask him for the exact name of the component that needs to be changed, and post it here, perhaps someone here can tell you if that sounds right, and what the cost ought to be.

Also, if it really turns out that expensive to repair, it would be better to get a new set for 45K.
Hope you get it sorted out cheaply.

having been burned like this I have a feeling he'll switch to LCD :) unless a cheap solution is found. Do get the exact specifications of the part, and then ask around among other reliable electronics repair places, whether it actually costs this much.

Also, if it really turns out that expensive to repair, it would be better to get a new set for 45K.
Hope you get it sorted out cheaply.

having been burned like this I have a feeling he'll switch to LCD :) unless a cheap solution is found. Do get the exact specifications of the part, and then ask around among other reliable electronics repair places, whether it actually costs this much.

Why blame plasma? Might be he should blame the Koreans and switch over to the Japanese.

Hey Guys,
I've got a problem with Samsung Plasma TV. Now, after more than 2 years, it has give nme a problem. The video is copmpletely out. I have a blank screen. But, the audio is perfect.
The Technician from Samsung says, we have to change a tube (most probably I thought he meant the picture tube) and it will cost me more than 30k. What could be the problem. Its a 42" screen which I bought in 2006. Does it have to do something with the refilling of gas or something. What could it possibly be. Is the quote right enough. Is it really so expensive? Pls guide me as to what to do

well i doubt that the actual panel is gone wrong and lol u can't fill gas in those panels. but its mostly the electronics thats gone wrong,a year ago one of the samsung technicians said they rarely repair flat panel tvs ,the cost is so much that the customer usualy buys another tv,but if the tv is under warranty u will get a new one.
he also said that in lcd monitors they usualy change the entire pcb a samsung lcd monitor has 2 pcb one for the powersupply and other the video board.so unlike the good olds days of crt where they used to change the individual parts,in flat panels they change the entire board,and the price of the boards in lcd monitors are about 4k.

The Technician from Samsung says, we have to change a tube (most probably I thought he meant the picture tube)

Mr. Bond: Flat panels don't have picture tubes...CRT does. (Didn't MI6 brief you about this before the mission started. :eek:hyeah:)

The technician is taking you for a ride. How can he charge you for a component that isn't even present in the damn TV?????

My best bet is that the electronics have friedand nothing else. Try getting a quote from elsewhere.

Also, ask that Samsung chap to give-in writing that the Tube has conked off. Scan and mail that to Samsung and see what happens. I tell you, there shall be a laugh riot. My sympathies with you brother.

Sumit

Hey Guys,

I think the Samsung technician must have been a mechanic previously. So he is more comfortable with tubes & tyres. But nowadays everyone is switching to "tubeless", including TVs, so looks like he's not in touch with the trend.:eek:hyeah:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back