problem with NAD 525 BEE AMP

hi moktan, just saw your post and thought i'd throw my 2 bits in.

if i remember correctly, older nad amps (perhaps even the newer ones) had a 2 stage power supply. the idea was that at low volumes it would draw less power, and shift to stage 2 when you turned up the wick. perhaps, and this is purely guesswork, the voltage fluctuations have caused the power supply to malfunction.

anyway, it would be wise to get it checked. hope this helps.

hey vortex, the C325BEE has only one set of speaker connections, so this may not be a solution for moktan, but a servo stabiliser i am sure is worth trying.

thanks every one for the suggestions and apologize for not being able to reply earlier..but partly the reason for that is that i have not had any further 'issues' with the amp. .....
the worst that happens is that it shuts (or tries to) for a minute or so and then every things returns to normal....i am sure there is a valid reason for all this to be happening...but i for the life of me cannot begin to figure out what could be actually wrong...
anyway thanks for all the inputs..

It is quite possible that you send the amp for service, the dealer returns it after charging 3 to 4 K for it and the problem recurs. Then he will blame the voltage problem in your area and throw his hands up ( I fixed it, you or your voltage problem broke it again!!). So before you even consider sending this for repair, an investment in a Servo-Stabilizer might be a better bet. That 4 to 6K spend on servo might just make the problem go away for good. You need one anyways with the poor voltage regulation in your area.

Regards

the worst that happens is that it shuts (or tries to) for a minute or so and then every things returns to normal....i am sure there is a valid reason for all this to be happening...but i for the life of me cannot begin to figure out what could be actually wrong... anyway thanks for all the inputs..

Sounds like a speaker issue to me (if the amp is fine). Would it be possible for you to try it out on a different speakers and cables? Make sure that the +Ve and -Ve cables are not touching each other.

Thanks,
Sharad

first of all..i have not had anymore issues with the amp after that fateful night..and yes i did try them out with my other speakers and the problem had persisted...
but now the amps are playing fine..
thanks...

i did everything suggested..and yet the issue was not resolved..the amp played for 5minutes and them dropped volume...just to experiment..i let the amp run..and then after say another 10minutes of silence, the volume returned perfect as usual...i intend to play it for a long time, probably all night and see what happens...

Dear All,

i am having the same problem with my Nad 325 Bee.. its gone to lakozy some 3 times and therez no solution to it... finally i have asked them to replace it... lets c... have been facing this for two months .. these guys are bad with the service

regards

neetant

hi neetant,
thank you very much for your info...for me to shuttle the amp back and forth between my place and lakozy that many times would take forever...so at the moment i am using it with my fingers crossed...fortunately it has not given me any problems after that night and a few times before that..
i am not sure if the problem with my amp is similar to the one that you are facing, or what Gobble and others have faced in the past..but as far as i can see it, the constant in all this has been the NAD 325C BEE...

If neetant is having the same problem you better do something about it. You would be keeping the amp with you for some years i guess
Its not a good idea just to hope it does not happen. Use it for long hours on a holiday and check if the same problems happens again

thanks...but Neetant too, did not get the matter resolved(after three visits to Lakozy as he says in his post) and has opted for a new amp...but like you have suggested, i am using the amps for very long hours and thankfully they are doing fine...
anyway thank you very much for your concern since i do intend to keep the amps for a long time (and NAD amps they say do have that longevity factor going for them)...

Just in case you get the same problem you also should push for a replacement giving Neetant's example

Dear All,

i am having the same problem with my Nad 325 Bee.. its gone to lakozy some 3 times and therez no solution to it... finally i have asked them to replace it... lets c... have been facing this for two months .. these guys are bad with the service

regards

neetant

and you probably paid a 6 to 8K premium upfront for service ...?
The NAD 325 cost 16K INR Internationally, India price is 22 - 24K?

This is why I've decided not to deal with local dealers unless the price is on par with international. I almost anticipated it.

Regards

and you probably paid a 6 to 8K premium upfront for service ...?
The NAD 325 cost 16K INR Internationally, India price is 22 - 24K?

This is why I've decided not to deal with local dealers unless the price is on par with international. I almost anticipated it.

Regards

The extra money that we pay can be chalked down to things such as duty and currency exchange vagaries and certainly not service, Gobble:).

As far as service goes, even the dealers here may have to ship the product overseas to get replacements of critical components. All we have here are front outlets for the most part.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back