Project Vinyl NRS Box S3

Just came across the news about a device recently released by Pro-Ject to remove pops and crackle from old records.

Sean, it’s ‘digital’ signal processing at 24-bit / 96kHz to clean up the sound. Why’d anyone invest in an analog system, go through the effort of procuring and maintaining vinyl to listen to digitised music? But guess what, there must be a market for it. Audiophiles aren’t the only ones going for vinyl when it’s turning into a fashion statement these days.

Sean, it’s ‘digital’ signal processing at 24-bit / 96kHz to clean up the sound. Why’d anyone invest in an analog system, go through the effort of procuring and maintaining vinyl to listen to digitised music? But guess what, there must be a market for it. Audiophiles aren’t the only ones going for vinyl when it’s turning into a fashion statement these days.
Exactly !!

Either way it's an interesting concept. I suppose a finicky enthusiast would appreciate a 'smoothing' out of the playback minus the pops and crackle. I like listening to vinyl the organic natural way..artefacts and all.

I attended a demo of the sweetvinyl sugarcube SC1 Mini in early 2020. It sounded amazing to my ears but was about $1400 so I took my time to decide. In hindsight, it was a mistake as very soon, covid hit the world, i had to return. The item eventually went out of stock :(. Even though it is not on an audiophile's wish list perhaps, i thought it was a cool thing to own, especially when playing older records. What appealed to me is that leveraged the preamp's phonostage and switched via the tape monitor selector on the preamp. A perfect foil for NAD integrated and Pre/Power component users.

If you read the reviews, it converts to digital to remove noise and then back to analogue with a built in DAC.

If you read the reviews, it takes the analogue signal, converts it to digital to remove the noise and then converts it back to analogue with an internal DAC. If you think about it, it can take a digitally recorded record like a MoFi, and convert it back to analogue.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back