New to the forum

Santhosh_Chari

Hi Fellow Enthusiasts,

I am new to this forum and also to hifi world. I jumped into hifi couple of months ago, a new found hobby. Recently I purchased a Pro-Ject Debut III turntable, Pioneer SA-5300 Amp and Wharfedale Diamond 10.0 speakers, all for a pretty sweet deal. Meanwhile when I was looking for an online forum to seek some guidance, I came across hifivision. So here I am trying to meet some people in the hifi world who shares the same interest as me, if not more ;)

Any comments and or thoughts about my setup?
PS: Will post a picture very soon.

Cheers
Santhosh

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, @Santhosh_Chari. You seem to have thoughtfully put together your first rig. Combining a plug-n-play modern turntable with a warm musical vintage amp and compact speakers that produced organised sound - it seems well-balanced on paper. How does it sound in real? What kind of music do you play on it? Being in Germany you must be having access to good classical recordings.

Do add a pic of your system, and some of your favourite LPs. And let the music flow!

Welcome to the forum, @Santhosh_Chari. You seem to have thoughtfully put together your first rig. Combining a plug-n-play modern turntable with a warm musical vintage amp and compact speakers that produced organised sound - it seems well-balanced on paper. How does it sound in real? What kind of music do you play on it? Being in Germany you must be having access to good classical recordings.

Do add a pic of your system, and some of your favourite LPs. And let the music flow!
Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the warm welcome also for your thoughts about my first hifi setup. To be honest I am not satisfied with the Amp. There are hisses and Hums. It plays well and like you mentioned music is warm and pleasant! But something about this amp is not quite right for my ears! So I am on a lookout for another amp. This time I want to invest a bit more and second hand vintage Hifi market is amazing in Germany/Europe. With music I am mostly into Classic Jazz and Rock. Since I just now started, I only have Louis Armstrong, Foreigners and Elvis Presley.

It will be great if you and other others in this forum can recommend me an Amp and or an Amp/Tuner, because I am so confused between Yamaha, Kenwood, Marantz and Pioneer. Anything out of these brands are also welcome :)

Many Thanks

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back