Projector buying from B&H PhotoVideo - Does anyone has exp?

Hi,

I have purchased Pioneer AV Receiver and Apple iPad 64 GB 3G. I got the delivery within 11 days with very good packaging and Items in Excellent Conditions.

My Experiance with this Website has been very satisfactory.

I suggest you can go ahead with the purchase through Shop your World.

Hi,

I have purchased Pioneer AV Receiver and Apple iPad 64 GB 3G. I got the delivery within 11 days with very good packaging and Items in Excellent Conditions.

My Experiance with this Website has been very satisfactory.

I suggest you can go ahead with the purchase through Shop your World.

This IS what I was exactly looking for!:p
Thank you very much for your specific feedback my dear friend.
Right now working out for a competitive quote from B&H India based on ShopyourWorld's quote. But after reading your feedback I think Shopyourworld is a GO!

Hey guys,

Recd a quote from Aramax as well. There model is similar to Borderlynx. But they required a $10 registration fees to get the US local shipping address. Again customs charges are calculated at 27% only. The projector's landed cost comes around 60K which way higher than that of Shopyourworld and BH India.

BTW, BHIndia refused to lower the price which was quoted as 56.6K initially.

Now I am confused with ShopyourWorld's quotation which charges only around 15% duty on the product cost. Their landed cost quoted is as 55K.

Does anybody know what will UPS charge as customs clearing charges to me if I orders the item directly from a US website say bhphotovideo.com ($832+$143 = $975) which delivers the item in India thru UPS.

I called up the UPS Mumbai office's pricing department (post sales) regarding this. They are saying that they can not give any information on customs till the item is shipped and AWB no. is generated. They said to call after two days the item is shipped from US to get the actual customs charges to be paid upon door delivery.

Does anybody know what will UPS charge as customs clearing charges to me if I orders the item directly from a US website say bhphotovideo.com ($832+$143 = $975) which delivers the item in India thru UPS.

I called up the UPS Mumbai office's pricing department (post sales) regarding this. They are saying that they can not give any information on customs till the item is shipped and AWB no. is generated. They said to call after two days the item is shipped from US to get the actual customs charges to be paid upon door delivery.

From what I learnt when I called DHL here in chennai, they say the amount would be somewhere around 26% of the cost price of the item (ie, excl the shipping), so it make look like 26% of $832, roughly $215 as custom charges. This comes to around 11K. Thats how all the cariers operate.

I checked with the customs site for Photo/Video equipments and it says the duty is 35% (excl of ST, Ed cess, VAT). (CHAPTER 90 : Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereof) In case you know someone in customs, it becomes much cheaper.

Do let me know what you are planning to do since I am also stuck at the same place as you are now.

This is latest from Shopyourworld.com+Buy.com

Card Type ICICIVisaCard
Items 1
Total 47,200.00
Addl Item Discount 0.00
Discount 1,250.00
Custom Duties & Tax 7,352.00
Sub Total 53,302.00
Shop Your World Rupees: - 0.00
Grand Total 53,302.00

Last edited:
Here are my queries answered by BHIndia -

1. The item will be delivered to your doorstep. The landed cost includes price, shipping, customs duty & clearing charges but excludes octroi if any.

2. To place an order with us, the payment has to be made 100% in advance by credit card or bank wire transfer.

For Credit card Payment:

We need a scan / fax of back & front of your credit card.
On the scan / fax please mention,
The Expiry date
Name of the card holder
Credit card number
Card Name

Billing & Shipping Address with contact nos.

To make a bank wire transfer:

You will need a proforma invoice and B&H bank details and account number from us.
Please submit it to your bank. It normally takes 3 working days for the wire to be received at our end in NY.
When we receive the payment, equipment is shipped directly to your address from B&H New York.
Customs duty (included in Landed Cost) applicable has to be paid on delivery to the courier company via DD or by cash.
And if any Octroi is applicable that is paid by you to the courier company directly on receiving the goods.

We need your Billing Address with contact no. in order to issue the Proforma Invoice.

3. The courier company will inform you a day in advance of delivery the exact amt. of duty & clearing charges.

4. The deviation depends upon the fluctuation of the US dollar rate.

5. Accessories mentioned as item includes on the B&H NY website will be included.

Remote Control With Battteries (AA x 2)
Component Cable
User's Manual (on CD-ROM)
Warranty Card

6. As of now the product is in stock so estimated delivery time will be around 8-10 working days once the order is placed.

Original queries -
1. The item will be delivered to my address i.e. door delivery included in the approx landed cost below...?
2. How to place the order?
3. After order placing and US payment made, when I will be notified about the actual cost of customs, etc which has to be paid to the courier?
4. What is the normal % deviation possible between the approx and actual landed cost?
5. The item shall contain all standard the accessories mentioned on the US site...right?
6. Actual delivery time after placing the order?

Original qoutation -

Our Price: $ 832.64
Discount Price: $ 815.99

Shipping to India via UPS: $ 143.01

TOTAL COST: $ 959.00
US DOLLARS NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE ONLY

Landed Cost Approx: INR 56,600.00 (includes US dollar cost, customs duty and clearing charges)
------------------------------------------------------
The rupee price is subject to the exchange rate.
Dollar Conversion calculated at 46.00
100% US price to be paid in advance in US dollars via credit card or bank wire transfer.
Plus Custom duty etc to be paid directly on delivery via DD [demand draft] or cash to the courier service.
Landed cost includes shipping cost, clearing charges and duty applicable, but excludes Octroi if any.
Every effort is made to supply equipment that runs on 220 V only.
However, certain equipments are supplied with 220/110 V, if equipment of 110V is supplied please use a transformer.
Return policy: If at all the item is defective or damaged you need to notify us within 30 days.
Validity: This quotation is valid for one week.

I'm sorry... but did i read this right? they want a scanned copy of the back of your credit card?! with the CVV number?!?!

I'm sorry... but did i read this right? they want a scanned copy of the back of your credit card?! with the CVV number?!?!

Well....for the same reason, I called up the Pune office and confirmed that CVV number should be rubbed off i.e. not required.
But for this offline method and high customs, I have decided not to order from them. Instead, Shopyourworld has given a way better quote. Latest is 51300/- all inclusive!

Well....for the same reason, I called up the Pune office and confirmed that CVV number should be rubbed off i.e. not required.
But for this offline method and high customs, I have decided not to order from them. Instead, Shopyourworld has given a way better quote. Latest is 51300/- all inclusive!

Have you placed the order ?
Let us know when you get it.

And how are you bargaining / getting better prices from them ?
I thought they just had a website.

Guys can anyone got the optoma hd20 projector recently ? can u suggest which online portal we can use to get the same. btw we are nearing Thanks Giving Day in another 2 weeks in US where most of online shopping portals give us prices high discounted prices and our INR prices are very stronger in recent days. hence this is right time to get the same ASAP. kindly suggest.
Rgds
sundar

Guys can anyone got the optoma hd20 projector recently ? can u suggest which online portal we can use to get the same. btw we are nearing Thanks Giving Day in another 2 weeks in US where most of online shopping portals give us prices high discounted prices and our INR prices are very stronger in recent days. hence this is right time to get the same ASAP. kindly suggest.
Rgds
sundar

Thanks Giving Day! really good point.

Hi did anyone use B&H photo video?

I have asked them for quotation and it seems reasonable with promise of return and insurance in the shipping etc. It is coming out cheaper against Shop your world too. Especially when you buy 2 or 3 things from them the cost of shipping remains relatively less. Shop Your World always add shipping for each product separately which takes the cost quite high.

Am in a fix to choose between HD65 or HD66. Is it a lot of difference?

Please guide if any one can.
Thanks.

Hi
Am here again asking for directions. I have asked BH photo video if I have to pay anything extra than what is customs and I have been told 5% octroi is liable too. Shopyourworld doesnt' mention anything like that.

Anyone from Mumbai who has used BHPhotovideo or Shopyourworld or any other of these sites and if they have been charged extra 5% octroi... OCTROI is applicable in Maharashtra and other few states in India.

With 27% customs and 5% Octroi the cost of the product is going really high.

Let me know friends about your experience.

Still Much Cheaper

The projector which i have ordered with SYW, price includes customs duty, octri, and other charges too if any. Among their main mantra is that fixed price for delivery at our home. If you have a live chat with them, they will confirm these aspects.

Well the cost does go high with these duties and taxes, but they are still much cheaper with benefits then what is available in local stores here, be it croma or whoever.

V.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back