Projector dilemma

kingdomraj

EPSON TW 9400 VS SONY VPL VW 270 ES
My old projector Optoma HD 20 died ( it was a natural death as it was senile and ageing ,close to a decade with good usage).

Wanted to buy a new one . wanted to buy Sony 4k one , but it is turning out to be super expensive ( read 3.25 l). Thats shooting a lakh above my budget.
was also offered epson model for a lakh less than sony., but it ain't native 4 k . it used e shift to deliver 4 k output.
Looked all over web, and youtube but could not find a direct comparison. On individual review videos, both of them are supposedly very good. If any one could please guide me through.
it will be a living room projector. i dont have a dedicated AV room.
Regards
Amit R Singh

It shall be of great help if any owner of any of the projectors could please share their inputs any ownership review . Shall be very thankful

EPSON 9400- 1.9 TO 2.2 LAKH
SCREEN -20-25K
HDMI CABLE -10K
MOUNT INSATALLATION- 10K
TOTAL COST AROUND 2.7 LAKH FOR EPSON 9400
SONY 270 VERY costly.
NOW U DON'T HAVE AV ROOM
SO My request is go for EPSON 750 PROJ-Good improvement over HD20 for 70 to 75 K
If u are still having good budget go for LG OLED TV 55 OR 65 INCH GX SERIES from 1.2 lakh to 2.04 LAKH IN EMI + (3+1year) LG warranty .
If still u want big size think of 85 inch led tv from LG or SONY old series

lg 75 inch led 1.35Lakh

sony 75 inch led RS71990

Hi I have Epson 9400 .I'm v happy with its performance.whT is your viewing distance and screen size you have planned. Sony you will not get it less than 3.6 l
I did through search 4 months back and then settled for this.

SCREEN -20-25K
HDMI CABLE -10K
MOUNT INSATALLATION- 10K
SONY 270 VERY costly.
NOW U DON'T HAVE AV ROOM
SO My request is go for EPSON 750 PROJ-Good improvement over HD20 for 70 to 75 K
If u are still having good budget go for LG OLED TV 55 OR 65 INCH GX SERIES from 1.2 lakh to 2.04 LAKH IN EMI + (3+1year) LG warranty .

lg 75 inch led 1.35Lakh

sony 75 inch led RS71990
He already has a projector and hence screen and HDMI cable also. He just needs to spend on the projector replacement.

EPSON TW 9400 VS SONY VPL VW 270 ES
My old projector Optoma HD 20 died ( it was a natural death as it was senile and ageing ,close to a decade with good usage).

Wanted to buy a new one . wanted to buy Sony 4k one , but it is turning out to be super expensive ( read 3.25 l). Thats shooting a lakh above my budget.
was also offered epson model for a lakh less than sony., but it ain't native 4 k . it used e shift to deliver 4 k output.
Looked all over web, and youtube but could not find a direct comparison. On individual review videos, both of them are supposedly very good. If any one could please guide me through.
it will be a living room projector. i dont have a dedicated AV room.
Regards
Amit R Singh
I have an Epson 8200 which I am using in the living room. Use it also in the daytime as well. So go for the Epson 9400.

SCREEN -20-25K
HDMI CABLE -10K
MOUNT INSATALLATION- 10K
SONY 270 VERY costly.
NOW U DON'T HAVE AV ROOM

lg 75 inch led 1.35Lakh

sony 75 inch led RS71990
Hi Sachin,thanks a lot for input , shall definitely call you . I am already already upset . Mate I had purchased that sony tv 1 year back for close to 2 lakh rupees. It's 71000 now . :(. I have a 75 inch on the other wall.
It's fun to use projector once in a while for movie and stuff.
Sending in pics for your reference ( the projector screen and the TV. Already have the 55 inch OLED in the other room . It's the big size of projection what I like. As mentioned the cables are already in place.
And nothing beats oled for the blacks . I wish I could buy a 77 inch one . But it's much beyond budget .

Amit

Attachments

• IMG_16052021_205754_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_16052021_205754_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    312 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_16052021_205737_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_16052021_205737_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 71
I have an Epson 8200 which I am using in the living room. Use it also in the daytime as well. So go for the Epson 9400.
How do u like the epson . Sir do you have ALR or the regular screen as I have . I don't intend to get rid of mine as of now. It's a regular liberty grand view one . I think it's 120 inch . Shall measure .
Also with ambient light is it watchable , like the laser projectors ??

Wait for some time as new epson may get launched ,9400 is old model and pandamic may get over or under control by june -july 2021 due to mass vaccination , August -sep u may get all new models in india .SO just wait for another 2 months without projector .Waiting may yield good result or atleast 9400 will become cheap till then u can avail renting facility from dealer or other source for projector or borrow from friend who may using it hardly .Explore buying used projector from abroad if u have friends or relatives in usa or uk .

Had a Similar Dilemma a Year ago, the difference between the Native 4k vs Pixel Shift 4k is not significant as the difference between HD ready and full HD Projector. The other factors like Color, Contrast, Brightness and Saturation have a major impact than the actual pixels when it comes Native 4k vs Pixel Shift 4k.
I got Epson 9400 and it has never failed to impress. It has very good brightness, Contrast and Color Levels. Owing to LCD tech the black levels are not as black as the Oled TVs. With ALR screen I can watch it with Lights on as well. 9400 is a very good projector for the price.

This Discussion may be helpful

He already has a projector and hence screen and HDMI cable also. He just needs to spend on the projector replacement.
Yes.
Hi I have Epson 9400 .I'm v happy with its performance.whT is your viewing distance and screen size you have planned. Sony you will not get it less than 3.6 l
I did through search 4 months back and then settled for this.
Hi, it's almost 20 feet . The viewing distance.
I have posted the screen size . I think it's 120 inches. Shall measure . The TV is 75 inches ( on the other wall.

How do u like the epson . Sir do you have ALR or the regular screen as I have . I don't intend to get rid of mine as of now. It's a regular liberty grand view one . I think it's 120 inch . Shall measure .
Also with ambient light is it watchable , like the laser projectors ??
It is watchable in ambient light. Yes night time viewing needless to say is very good.
I think it is ALR and it is a 100 inch screen.

I do not think Epson will release an update to 9400 this year. May be in the second quarter of 2022.

Many of us expect Epson to include better tone mapping in the new product to take on the entry level JVC and Sony. It already handles HDR well. Best in class I say.

Of course a native 4k panel is also on our wish list, lol. But it may shoot up the budget considering the LCD tech.

9400 is a very capable projector which can easily compete with any upcoming models for another 2 years.

Anyways the difference between 1080p and 4k is not substantial. A lot of factors like seating distance and source matters more.

I will choose a product with better contrast and color reproduction over sheer pixel count.

Add MadVR in the loop, you are set for another 2 years.

I will suggest you go with 9400.

Using Epson TW9400 for the past 5 months and already burnt the lamp for 450 Hours... Never disappointed on playing 4k or HDR content. btw bought for around 1.78 L on Dec 31st and using with the following HDMI Cable (25 Ft) for 8K

BlueRigger Ultra Series 8K HDMI to HDMI Cable with 48Gbps Speed Supports 8K@60HZ,1080p FullHD, UHD/Ultra HD, 3D, High Speed with Ethernet, ARC, PS4, Xbox, HDTV (3.3 Feet / 1 Meter)

by Appario Retail Private Ltd

Learn more: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08GLV4QC5/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_DMG1JVE34V4WVQC0YVW8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

As this is for a living room setup where it is less likely to control direct and bounce lights off the wall, it would not be worth the additional cost of Sony which is more value only when used in a light controlled setup to fully leverage its excellent contrast and black level. I would suggest to go for similar specs in Epson or Benq brands which offer more value for the money.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back