Projector or LCD?

If you had around a lakh to spend on a display device, would you buy a projector or w

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

realactivex

If you had around a lakh to spend on a display device, would you buy a projector or would you buy a nice 1080p 40" plasma/LCD?

1. Buy a new 720p Projector immediately for sure within a lakh.
2. Save more money and buy a nicer 1080p projector costing around 2lakhs.
3. Buy an LCD 40 inch plus
4. Buy a plasma 40 inch plus

completely personal i think. projector gives you the size and scale that none of the others will be able to match, and with a good projector and a screen you can get an excellent picture. But it may be a bit cumbersome to use as your primary display including for watching TV....imagine watching news on that!!

If you already have even a CRT TV for the basic TV viewing purposes, then by all means go for a projector. OR else go for the Pioneer Kuro 428XG....about 99k i think.....killer TV (plasma).

Of course with projectors it is worth it to wait/invest in 1080p because you can really make out the difference. So if you do decide to go for a projector, I'd suggest you save up. Although I am aware of 1080p projectors around a lakh, I have no idea how good or bad they are, I'll wait for the experts to comment on that.

1. Normal CRT TV for cable / DTH
2. Cheap (non-HD) plasma/LCD for normal DVDs / DVDrip.
3. 720p projector for HD stuff

I suggest, buy all three.

If you had around a lakh to spend on a display device, would you buy a projector or would you buy a nice 1080p 40" plasma/LCD?

1. Buy a new 720p Projector immediately for sure within a lakh.
2. Save more money and buy a nicer 1080p projector costing around 2lakhs.
3. Buy an LCD 40 inch plus
4. Buy a plasma 40 inch plus

If you want to enjoy the big picture , no plasma or lcd can match a projector,

once u view a projector u won't enjoy going back to a small screen for movies ...

I voted for saving money and buying 1080P projector.
My opinion is Lcd/plasma will not cut it for any person who is on a Hifi/HT forum you guys are the cream of the lot you need the best trust me......

One more thing to consider for deciding between 720p vs 1080p... whether its worth it or not ..... not theoretically but practically, will you see real world difference. screen size vs viewing distance

consult this and make a smart decision..
TV Viewing Distance - Is it really just a matter of personal preference?
1080p and the Acuity of Human Vision — Reviews and News from Audioholics

A basic CRT for TV/ routine viewing. Projectors are quite impractical for this purpose, plus bulbs have finite life that you don't want to waste by leaving it on.

Assuming you already have a CRT or can get one cheaply:

Projector for the true cinema experience! Use it for special occassions only, complete with dark room, surround sound and some popcorn!

I would say go with a high quality 720p, should suffice for most prevalent room sizes.

LCDs/ Plasmas in my view don't quite cut it on either count - overkill for watching the news, and not quite the immersive experience you'd want for cinema.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back