Projector replacement ideas

I have the same projector, it is a good choice. regarding wall color choice, i have set up this projector in a room with cream colored walls. I had been thinking of changing this but got lazy. Now your post has me up thinking again. which color would you suggest? My HT room is a dedicated one except for grey-black colored wooden almirahs on one side which my wife uses sometimes.

Cream has inherent yellow hue in it. Go for very light gray - close to the gains of pure white. Since Panny is great in contrasts you need not paint it too dark at all. My HT room is in basement giving me the right darkness even on a midsommer day!

I am now projecting 2.35:1 with 12' width and 16:9 content with about 10' width. Very rich results. The family is in awe!!!:clapping:

Can you explain the "width" you are talking about?
are you talking about the perceived depth of the objects on the screen?
If its a measurable thing then how to go about it?

I mean 'width' in its natural meaning; from left to right. Usually people talk of diagonal in inches. For my convenience it is width in feet. That is all. I am attaching indicative parameters for 2.35:1 and 16:9 that works for me. I have a 13.5feet wall for projection of which 0.75 feet on either side go for the speakers.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back