Projector Screen help.

nkchokshi

Guys i need help with projector screen purchase,
I saw few screens on online. Home theater dealers, looks like making fool.
I met with one dealer he said to me that, screen also comes in HD and non HD on material wise. I mean how is that even possible?

I found good screens, on snapdeal etc. and they are looking good, but i am planning to mount screen, over my LED tv. So do they come in clamp? I have to purchase saparatly?

I met with one dealer he said to me that, screen also comes in HD and non HD on material wise. I mean how is that even possible?

May be he meant High Density :lol:

I found good screens, on snapdeal etc. and they are looking good, but i am planning to mount screen, over my LED tv. So do they come in clamp? I have to purchase saparatly?

Most projector screens can be fit either at the side or from the top.
But if your plan is the let it fall over the TV, then yes you would need to get an additional set of clamps.

Once you get the projector screen, you can take the exact measurements and get it fabricated from any welder.

How big a screen do you intend to project image and what projector are you using...?? What room size and are you looking for fixed frame screen or motorized drop down screen or manual pull down screen or float up screen or stand mount screen.. please be more specific so that we can help you bro..

I can suggest u go for a manual pull down screen, Insta-Lock they say. It's a cheaper one. Motorized and all will be very costly and not required i believe.
If its 720p or 1080p projector, make sur eto get a 16:9 screen, which will be rectangle in shape. 4:3 will be square.
Get the screen first u can get the additional clamps anytime, like someone suggested here already, u can get a L-Clamps done by any welder near your place. Getting those clamps is not problem, decide on the projector and based on projector decide the screen.
Hope my info about ur question for projector in other thread helps and this as well ;)

Cheers,
Aditya

It all depends on the size of the screen you wish to get.

My 2cents..
You can go for manual if the screen width is 6 inches or lesser.
Anything > than 6 inches width, motorized is advisable.

With larger screens, a manual would result in more wear and tear as the force exerted to pull down the screen would not be uniform.

Once you have your projector, you can project it on a wall and see what size of an image you would like to keep. Based on that you can buy the screen.

Back