Projector screen req for less ambient control environment

amandalia

Hi all,

i've booked my first projector, Epson tw8000, should be getting the delivery in about 2 months time in mumbai.

i had asked for screen recommendations from the vendor for 92' or 100' diagonal screen(16:9 most prob) and they had suggested me to go for this screen :

"Elite Screen's SABLE FRAME"

SableFrame Series

can you guide me how good is above screen??

about environment at my place :

- i don't have a dedicated ht room.
- i'm going to be putting the projector in my drawing room and i'll try to cut as much ambient light as possible, but i guess i can make it pitch dark only at night, during day i won't be able to cut all the light in the room.

i don't have much idea on what should be the gain of the screen for this kind of environment.

if not this can u suggest any other screen to me??

Also, vendor told me to go for fixed frame screen as, he said that, they have better gain and are better for environment which aren't pitch dark.. i would also prefer fixed frame screen for the simple reason of not bringing it down every time i want to watch a movie :)

i'm looking for the screen in the range of 35k max.

They're offering me above one (with out bargain) at 28k .

Thanks,
Bhavesh.

Also, if somebody can throw light on da-lite vs elite scenario
in India.. I am getting elite screen from authorised dealer in much cheaper rates than equvivalant da-lite, in india?

Is da-lite worth extra money?

Note : da-lite fixed screen costs around 50-60k.

congratulation for your booking of the projector. Please let us know the dealer.
As far as Projector Screen is concerned Da- Lite is surely superior above elite. But in your budget you can get dalite like quality screen same us fabric. u can get 92" diagnol motorised with Rf remote in approx 35k. Please also let us know the rate u got for TW 8000

Bhavesh,

I think in most cases movies are watched in evening's after we return from work so the day light will not be much of a issue. On the other hand even if one wants to watch movie during the day it should not be any problem because of the curtains around, even if little light sweeps in it is fine as long as the light is not closest to screen, which is likely not to be the case.

A fixed screen may not be a good idea for a living room especially when children are around or with too many guests. To bring down the roll down screen is just a small pull that too once in a while because one may not be seeing a movie daily. There are remote controlled screens too followed with a trigger option if projector can support.

V.

about environment at my place :

- i don't have a dedicated ht room.
- i'm going to be putting the projector in my drawing room and i'll try to cut as much ambient light as possible, but i guess i can make it pitch dark only at night, during day i won't be able to cut all the light in the room.

i don't have much idea on what should be the gain of the screen for this kind of environment.

Also, vendor told me to go for fixed frame screen as, he said that, they have better gain and are better for environment which aren't pitch dark.. i would also prefer fixed frame screen for the simple reason of not bringing it down every time i want to watch a movie :)
Bhavesh.

Last edited:
although I am a complete noob on projection..have read somewhere that gray scrrens are prefferable for a less ligyht control environment they give better color and contrast..although the overall brightness(not brightness,say its backlight in tv settings..) is lesss than silver or white screen.
grayhawk is the brandname..forgot which company or cost etc..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back