Projector screen required. Need suggestions

ethan3686

Mine is 2800 lumens epson projector. I need a 133/135 inch screen for my room. I have been trying to decide whether i should get a fixed frame or pull down.

The elite screens diy wall 3 series 133 in is quite cheap. Currently it retailed for 6800 inr. But i have heard the creases dont go if you get a faulty product. Does anybody have this. It is the easier route.

And i have no clue how much will it cost me to diy a 133" fixed frame screen. I need a matte white anyway.

Hello ethan3686

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for joining.
Do consider introducing yourself in the Introductions forum so that people can get to know you better.

All the best with your Screen search!

Regards

Building a pine wood or any light wood frame is fairly straight forward. Check out the DIY steps given at https://www.carlofet.com/

Didnt know that Elitescreens gives DIY screen material. When I enquired, they didnt seem interested so imported it from the US.

Mine is 2800 lumens epson projector. I need a 133/135 inch screen for my room. I have been trying to decide whether i should get a fixed frame or pull down.

The elite screens diy wall 3 series 133 in is quite cheap. Currently it retailed for 6800 inr. But i have heard the creases dont go if you get a faulty product. Does anybody have this. It is the easier route.

And i have no clue how much will it cost me to diy a 133" fixed frame screen. I need a matte white anyway.
welcome to form,

recently i did 100" screen it cost 1500 rs. cloth used is spondex.

@elangoas have diy screen. He can help you too procure the screen materials too.

Thanks @ajuvignesh .. Sure, will help him if he decides to do fabric based screen.. Yes i do have a 100 inch DIY screen.. Didn't cost me more than Rs 4,000 to build it.. This includes two layers (matte white & matte black) of screen material (spandex), wooden frame and labour to complete it..

I have been trying to decide whether i should get a fixed frame or pull down.

For Fixed screen if you choose Acoustic transparent cloth (spandex) on a fixed frame, you have the advantage of hiding the L-C-R speakers behind the screen.. Even if you don't have speakers an AT screen is great as it is soft on eyes and very good for prolonged viewing..

Roughly 2- 3K including material & labour to build 135 inch diagonal size fixed wooden frame..Screen material would be extra..

Thanks @ajuvignesh .. Sure, will help him if he decides to do fabric based screen.. Yes i do have a 100 inch DIY screen.. Didn't cost me more than Rs 4,000 to build it.. This includes two layers (matte white & matte black) of screen material (spandex), wooden frame and labour to complete it..

For Fixed screen if you choose Acoustic transparent cloth (spandex) on a fixed frame, you have the advantage of hiding the L-C-R speakers behind the screen.. Even if you don't have speakers an AT screen is great as it is soft on eyes and very good for prolonged viewing..

Roughly 2- 3K including material & labour to build 135 inch diagonal size fixed wooden frame..Screen material would be extra..

I dont need an AT screen. But i do need a higher gain screen. Around 1.2 gain. But doesnt spandex give less gain as compared to PVC? And what if i go the paint route? A matte white paint will be any good agaisnt a screen?

Also what will be the cost of shipping all?

Btw this was the Elite Screen i was talking about :

Last edited:
I dont need an AT screen. But i do need a higher gain screen. Around 1.2 gain. But doesnt spandex give less gain as compared to PVC? And what if i go the paint route? A matte white paint will be any good agaisnt a screen?

DIY Spandex screen has a 0.7 gain.. I haven't tried painting my walls matte white, but you may try that as well as it is inexpensive.. If you are not happy with that, you may buy PVC screen..

Also what will be the cost of shipping all?

Shipping the screen material along with frame isn't possible.. The member can only ship screen material (if he is willing to).. You can get the fixed frame by a local carpenter..

Btw this was the Elite Screen i was talking about :

Looks fine.. Map type, where you just hang it on walls..

For Carl's white screen material is cost is around 70 USD in amazon US, shipping to India in a tube in rolled format costs around 50 USD using borderlinks, customs and CVT would add another 33%, so around 150 USD shipped to India.

IMO, the Elite Screen from Amazon looks very good for the price compared to other DIY options. Remember, with DIY there is a chance to go wrong if not done right. With commercial offering, its quite safe.

If your room is well controlled go for Stewart Studiotek for the best accuracy in colors. If it is a combo use area with lot of windows and ambient lighting go for the Screen Innovations Black Diamond 1.4.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back