projector setup help

sinnochi

so as the titles says i am looking to get me a projector,problem is my knowledge in this area is rather limited so i am seeking help to avoid any nasty surprises.
1) so basically i want recommendations for a good vfm projector,i have done some research on snapdeal and the like but i could really do with some recommendations here.budget:25k,can be extended in case its not enough.
2)i found 16:9 projector screens on amazon and ebay,i coudnt find any screen smaller than 90",i am worried this might be too big for my room and cause pixelation(most of the content i plan on watching is 720p)
3)i hope getting the right projector and screen is all thats required?then i just have to plug it in,maybe fiddle with a setting or two and its mostly plug and play?
4)lastly,will i get nasty pixelation playing 720p videos on say a 90 inch screen(if so how much should i downsize?)?what about 1080p?
let me know if i am missing something,really looking forward to this setup!

My projector is barely 720p - Its a dell 2400mp and I run it into a 10ft diagonal (4:3) screen.
No pixelation if you run 720p or even 480p, but you run one of those 6 movies on 1 dvd type ancient movies, you'd get lots of pixelation. But hey, Charlie Chaplin was pixelated when he was standing in front of you wasn't he.

Also, I dont use a screen. I painted the wall white, or grey (but it has to be only black and white mixed to grey, not steel grey that has blue etc ...)

That Dell 2400 is tough as nails, and I've also run 6000+ hours on the bulb, its a bit weaker, but I wont replace it till it is very much dark and unwatcheable in a little light.

Cool.
Srinath.

so as the titles says i am looking to get me a projector,problem is my knowledge in this area is rather limited so i am seeking help to avoid any nasty surprises.
1) so basically i want recommendations for a good vfm projector,i have done some research on snapdeal and the like but i could really do with some recommendations here.budget:25k,can be extended in case its not enough.

2)i found 16:9 projector screens on amazon and ebay,i coudnt find any screen smaller than 90",i am worried this might be too big for my room and cause pixelation(most of the content i plan on watching is 720p)

what is your room size and viewing distance?

3)i hope getting the right projector and screen is all thats required?then i just have to plug it in,maybe fiddle with a setting or two and its mostly plug and play?

You also need PC/Blu ray player/ media player to play movies.
If you plan to mount it on the ceiling/wall you need to buy mount,If you plan to mount it on the ceiling/wall you need to buy mount,

4)lastly,will i get nasty pixelation playing 720p videos on say a 90 inch screen(if so how much should i downsize?)?what about 1080p?

I'm projecting ~100 inch with 720p projector.No pixelation on 720/1080 rips. But DVD not that good on dvd player.

Replies in Blue.
Regards
girish:)

After getting some good reviews about the projector I bought the following....

ViewSonic PJD5134 Projector (SVGA and 800X600)
ViewSonic PJD5134 Projector Price in India - Buy ViewSonic PJD5134 Projector online at Flipkart.com

nlight Wall Imported Autolock/Instalock Projector Screen, 8 W x 6 H
Inlight Wall Imported Autolock: Amazon.in: Electronics

I bought the projector as the reviews were really good and it suited well with in my budget(<30K). More than happy with the results and playing blu-rays gives an awesome experience.
BLU-Ray - extreme clarity, absolutely no pixelation,
DVD - the 3 in 1's are horrible. Sony DVDs are good. some of the Shemaroos are bad. But if you are playing any of those from SOny or equivalent quality, then absolutely no pixelation
VCD - absolute NO-NO, play on the TV or monitor.

For best results, heard that one need to keep the projector 14 feet away, but I've kept 12 feet away due to space restrictions. I believe for 8X6 feet screen, an SWGA is more than enough.

Using a hitachi lcd projector on a screen size of 8x6' with a projector distance of approx 12-14 ft. Picture is good. Price about 35k for the projector

what is your room size and viewing distance?

You also need PC/Blu ray player/ media player to play movies.
If you plan to mount it on the ceiling/wall you need to buy mount,If you plan to mount it on the ceiling/wall you need to buy mount,

I'm projecting ~100 inch with 720p projector.No pixelation on 720/1080 rips. But DVD not that good on dvd player.

Replies in Blue.
Regards

my viewing distance is 12-13 feet,my ceiling height is 9 and length is 10.5 feet.what screen size would you recommend for me?
do i need a mount for mounting the screen as well or just the projector?

my viewing distance is 12-13 feet,my ceiling height is 9 and length is 10.5 feet.what screen size would you recommend for me?
do i need a mount for mounting the screen as well or just the projector?

my viewing distance is the same as above. I'm getting 97 inch diagonal with out zoom. I'm using temporary setup for screen.
Use the following to get an idea.
Acer H5380BD Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size

If you going to use screen as FM vipin.s mentioned in post no: 4, then you dont need a mount. The given link is for 4:3 screen. If your main use is movies, then look for 16:9. ( then also lots of space is unused in screen because majority of movies are 2.39:1).

Me started journey ( big screen) now only....
regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back