Projector

suryakamal

Hi,

I am in the process of buying HT projector. Have so far looked at Epson, Panasonic and Sanyo models. Even though, I liked (specs) Sony AW15, have not been able audition anywhere?
Do you know anyone who can demo this? I tried mutliple Sony Worlds and found most of them doesnt know anything and / or keep selling model they have with them.
Can any of you suggest any multi-brand show room / suggestions of models. My budget is < 1L.

Thanks...

aw15 is an old model in technology terms.
if you have people in the US who can get it for you, try the epson1080UB ( the ultra black model, or the sanyo z2000 ( cheap 1080p)

Buying a projector in india is very expensive.
Do check on projectorreviews.com, which i find as a very good reference for reviews on projectors.
With a projector, you need to ensure uninterrupted power supply, so a good quality UPS is recommended. Also consider the lamp replacement costs..

Regards

You could consider the following :

DLP - INFOCUS IN76, OPTOMA HD70/73

LCD - HITACHI PJ-TX300, PANASONIC AX-200

One of the good projectors available around the 1 lac price bracket.

Regards
SNV

Projector companies have brought down the prices to a great extend , and that too in grey market its even less , Infocus IN 72 can be yours for Rs.45000/- ( grey ) IN 76 for around Rs.65000/- or even more cheap if u shop around.

Hi, Dell india lunched DLP projectors with good specs, with around 18-20k discounts now and 5 years NBD Advance Exchange Warranty. have a look.

Dell Projectors

-sk

Last edited:
Get the Panasonic PT-AX100. It is THE best projector I have seen under Rs. 100K. It costs about 75K. The brightness, contrast and picture quality are superb.

No doubt. The Panasonic AX100 was an excellent projector.
This has been replaced by the AX200 which is now even better.

Regards
SNV

Friends,
Thanks for your help!

Realactivex,
In fact, I know someone who could get one from US! Thanks for the tip - I entirely missed it, somehow.

I really liked the specs of 1080UB - however, considering the software / movies we get to play in India, do you guys think, it makes sense to go for 1080UB or just 1080 would do??

Thanks again, for your help!

Cheers.....

Hi

I have a BenQ PE7700. It dones native 720p and takes upto 1080i signals. The output is stunning for HD sources. I did a deep comparison with panasonic, epson, optoma and this and found this to be the best value for money.

Im looking for a full HD projector and willing to trade this in, if you are ok with a 18 month old projector :)

regards

Hi

I have a BenQ PE7700. It dones native 720p and takes upto 1080i signals. The output is stunning for HD sources. I did a deep comparison with panasonic, epson, optoma and this and found this to be the best value for money.

Im looking for a full HD projector and willing to trade this in, if you are ok with a 18 month old projector :)

regards

Can you specify which models of epson and panasonic are you talking about ?

Hi

regards

What a surprise .....
I didnt realise who you are, till I looked at your pic closely!!
Incidentally, I settled for 1080, instead of 1080UB.. simply cant find any software to play..
Did you figure out who is at this end???

Cheers...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back