Projectors shootout

The Epson is capable of much greater colours.

True.. Am aware that @shredder mentioned in the post, that he has turned down the colours on his projector way down as that was his preference..

The comparative pictures, is limited only to "cinema" mode on all of the projector..

There are many who won't even register on this forum or many who are members but won't ask many questions. And as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Your initial post shows Epson's colours as being very dull while the LG projector's colours as being very bright.

That has already created some confusion here:

@shredder, I just wanted to alert others viewing this thread not to get misled by those differences in the pics and not attack you. I don't think you have done anything intentionally.

By "incorrect", I meant that you have to reset the settings on the Epson to the default if your preference is to get the colours that are being shown on the LG projector. The Epson is capable of much greater colours.

I agree about a picture being worth a thousand words, but seriously, if anyone is going to spend upwards of fifty thousand bucks on a device, it can be safely assumed that they are not going to "judge a book by its cover". Please read the original post; it starts with a disclaimer stating what you have so astutely pointed out in your post. Something which another forum member has also pointed out in the above post.

An update:
I checked the Epson 2030's colour settings yesterday. I did not realize how low the settings were. The value was at -31; the lowest setting is -32, at which point it becomes black and white.
The LG PF1500G was set to 42 (out of 100).

An update:
I checked the Epson 2030's colour settings yesterday. I did not realize how low the settings were. The value was at -31; the lowest setting is -32, at which point it becomes black and white.
That possibly explains the washed-out colours on the Epson; if possible can you please reset colour to default and post for better comparison

I agree about a picture being worth a thousand words, but seriously, if anyone is going to spend upwards of fifty thousand bucks on a device, it can be safely assumed that they are not going to "judge a book by its cover". Please read the original post; it starts with a disclaimer stating what you have so astutely pointed out in your post. Something which another forum member has also pointed out in the above post.

An update:

It's good that you are clarifying it for the benefit of those who may get misled by the original pics.

The comparative pictures, is limited only to "cinema" mode on all of the projector..

It was never a fair comparison of the "cinema" mode of the projectors. That's the confusion that I was trying to avoid by pointing it out.

That possibly explains the washed-out colours on the Epson; if possible can you please reset colour to default and post for better comparison

Agreed.

It's good that you are clarifying it for the benefit of those who may get misled by the original pics.

It was never a fair comparison of the "cinema" mode of the projectors. That's the confusion that I was trying to avoid by pointing it out.

Agreed.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you post some pics of ALL those many Epson projectors you seem to have access to. Let us know their settings. There are many likes in it for you. C'mon. We're waiting........

Request to all Mods. Kindly delete this thread. It is heading in a direction it was never intended to go. Apparently, people who only judge by pictures without bothering to read the accompanying print have been misled into buying LG LED projectors over Epson 2030 projectors. As a result, Epson's projector sales are being adversely affected.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you post some pics of ALL those many Epson projectors you seem to have access to. Let us know their settings. There are many likes in it for you. C'mon. We're waiting........

Don't take it personally. We are both trying to help others make their choice.

For anything related to video, the pics do matter. Many people won't read every single word in long paras around those pics and they will continue looking for pics and videos on multiple places.

All I did was point it out in short that Epson's colour settings have been set very low and LG's at mid-level and so it is not a fair comparison. You have also admitted that and I praised you for clarifying it.

I have never attacked you or accused you of trying to mislead others. So your attack on me is not warranted.

Request to all Mods. Kindly delete this thread. It is heading in a direction it was never intended to go. Apparently, people who only judge by pictures without bothering to read the accompanying print have been misled into buying LG LED projectors over Epson 2030 projectors. As a result, Epson's projector sales are being adversely affected.

Epson's sales will not get affected, but a regular user like you or me may get affected when trying to make his choice. Again, we are both trying to help such users in our own ways. I know how confusing it can be when trying to choose what projector to go for. I was just trying to help reduce the confusion.

Don't take it personally. We are both trying to help others make their choice.

For anything related to video, the pics do matter. Many people won't read every single word in long paras around those pics and they will continue looking for pics and videos on multiple places.

All I did was point it out in short that Epson's colour settings have been set very low and LG's at mid-level and so it is not a fair comparison. You have also admitted that and I praised you for clarifying it.

I have never attacked you or accused you of trying to mislead others. So your attack on me is not warranted.

Epson's sales will not get affected, but a regular user like you or me may get affected when trying to make his choice. Again, we are both trying to help such users in our own ways. I know how confusing it can be when trying to choose what projector to go for. I was just trying to help reduce the confusion.

I'll be honest. What riled me about your post was not so much what you said as the manner in which you said it. Here is a thread started by a forum member with photos and text painstakingly put together; and you simply stroll in and without so much as a "by your leave" and without seeming to have even read the accompanying text, you arrogantly claim that the projector is probably defective or that the settings are faulty. You could have simply asked for the settings.

Your entire claim about the pictures being misleading is based on the assumption that people are stupid and will rely solely on photographs. As another forum member already pointed out to you, due note was taken of the part where it was mentioned that the settings were turned way down low on the Epson i.e. that person had clearly gone through the written aspect instead of just relying on photos; contradicting your claims that people will not go through the written aspect of the post. In my experience, people who are seriously looking to buy expensive products, do so after extensive research; how can we just assume that people will base their decisions on pictures seen in one post in one forum only among all the other forums in the whole world wide web? Of course there are people who will just plonk down the cash for expensive purchases; however, such people will probably go in for the JVCs and 4K projectors and not products which are aimed at the middle class average consumer. All said and done, let's not base our arguments around what people may or may not do.

Believe it or not, my last post to you was not an attack but a request to provide pictures to back up your claims, albeit put forward in the same manner as the first post made by you in this thread. Since we are in the business of helping others make their choice, blanket terms like "Epson's colours are excellent like an LCD/LED TV" do not really help anyone unless you specify which Epson model you are referring to, the kind of surface it is projecting onto, accompanied with photos along with the exact model and settings of the camera that was used to take the photos. Then we can talk about seriously helping others make a decision.

Regarding your reply to my quote about Epson's sales going down................. please have a look at "Biswa Mast Aadmi" available on Amazon Prime Videos. Go to 0:28:59 on the video. That is the only response I can think of. :)

Regarding your reply to my quote about Epson's sales going down................. please have a look at "Biswa Mast Aadmi" available on Amazon Prime Videos. Go to 0:28:59 on the video. That is the only response I can think of. :)

For those who haven't seen that, the point that you are making here is that you were being sarcastic.

And in response to your sarcasm, I had simply clarified that my comment here was not for the sake of Epson but for regular users who may have already got quite confused by an overload of information from multiple places.

I don't have any pics to post. My comment was for sharing my own opinion on the matter based on my past experience.

I agree that this thread has stretched too far and we have already said what we wanted to. So let's just leave it at that.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back