Protection from fluctuations or power cut

Ravz157

Hi after posting the failure of my brand new denon 3800h i want you guys to help me to out to select an UPS/Stabilizer to protect my LG tv 65 inch and Denon 3800h please help me out on urgent basis , i don't have power cuts at all

Hi after posting the failure of my brand new denon 3800h i want you guys to help me to out to select an UPS/Stabilizer to protect my LG tv 65 inch and Denon 3800h please help me out on urgent basis , i don't have power cuts at all

Check this post, may possibly help you.

Based on your location, I assume you are from Mumbai. If this is correct, a voltage stabilizer is waste of money. You have one of the most stable grids in the country.

The failure of your Denon may not have anything to do with power fluctuations. Besides, these things are made to handle a little bit of voltage variation.

Unless there is evidence of bad power causing a failure on your Denon (...and likely even other appliances at home), there is little use in adding a stabilizer.

Based on your location, I assume you are from Mumbai. If this is correct, a voltage stabilizer is waste of money. You have one of the most stable grids in the country.
Off late I am seeing a reading of around 251V quite often at night in Mumbai although the gears may have that threshold to withstand the fluctuations. But voltage fluctuations sure has increased as compared to before.

The failure of your Denon may not have anything to do with power fluctuations. Besides, these things are made to handle a little bit of voltage variation.

Unless there is evidence of bad power causing a failure on your Denon (...and likely even other appliances at home), there is little use in adding a stabilizer.
It is not the power fluctuations. It is the high voltage. All new equipments getting imported in the country have to comply with the new standards.The standards for power supply have been lowered for one businessman who is now majorly into the power sector. Currently the voltage levels are same as Afghanistan. The new standards were implemented silently during the covid period

It used to be 230 +- 5%. Now it is 240 +- 10%

I stay in Pune. Me and many others in my society (tv sets, laptop chargers, water purifiers, computer power supply) have been a victim of this. It is always the SMPS in the equipment that blows. We also officially complained to the state electricity board on the high voltages (between 250-260 volts). But the board came back and said that the voltages are fine

More info on this

I have now invested in multiple stabilizers and since then I have not lost a single equipment where the SMPS has blown.

Last edited:
It is not the power fluctuations. It is the high voltage. All new equipments getting imported in the country have to comply with the new standards.The standards for power supply have been lowered for one businessman who is now majorly into the power sector. Currently the voltage levels are same as Afghanistan. The new standards were implemented silently during the covid period

It used to be 230 +- 5%. Now it is 240 +- 10%

I stay in Pune. Me and many others in my society (tv sets, laptop chargers, water purifiers, computer power supply) have been a victim of this. It is always the SMPS in the equipment that blows. We also officially complained to the state electricity board on the high voltages (between 250-260 volts). But the board came back and said that the voltages are fine

More info on this

I have now invested in multiple stabilizers and since then I have not lost a single equipment where the SMPS has blown.
What kind of stabilizer can you mention please ?

What kind of stabilizer can you mention please ?
I have these in every room. These are relay based stabilizers and works in steps but the switching is faster than servo but slower than static stabilizers

Servo and static stabilizer will give you a constant voltage throughout the voltage range. However servo is the slowest to respond as it has a large rotor with a carbon brush that needs to be moved over copper winding. Servo and static are many times the cost. I have also installed high voltage cut off devices that work faster than the relay and static stabilizers.

Something like this installed in the main board

I was quite enthu on this product about a year ago, but none of them have any kind of safety / ISI certification and all are china ka maal. I am not really sure how reliable / safe it is to plug one of these in our mains, hence dropped it.
These brands eurocontrols, amic, etc are made in Taiwan products. If one wants indian products then one can look at home protectors, but almost all of them look ugly and will require an electriction to fit it. If one gets these home protector locally, the dealer also helps in installing them. Apart from that you have SPDT switches with high voltage and surge protection and these can be fitted inside the existing electrical distribution panel.

Most of the indian home protectors look like this

I have these in every room. These are relay based stabilizers and works in steps but the switching is faster than servo but slower than static stabilizers

Servo and static stabilizer will give you a constant voltage throughout the voltage range. However servo is the slowest to respond as it has a large rotor with a carbon brush that needs to be moved over copper winding. Servo and static are many times the cost. I have also installed high voltage cut off devices that work faster than the relay and static stabilizers.

Something like this installed in the main board
Thank you so much will look forward to buy both the items

Check this post, may possibly help you.

Yes similar suggestions also recieved for same product , thank you so much 🙂🙂🙂

These brands eurocontrols, amic, etc are made in Taiwan products. If one wants indian products then one can look at home protectors, but almost all of them look ugly and will require an electriction to fit it. If one gets these home protector locally, the dealer also helps in installing them. Apart from that you have SPDT switches with high voltage and surge protection and these can be fitted inside the existing electrical distribution panel.

Most of the indian home protectors look like this
My concern was not the country of manufacture for these products but rather, that none of these products mention compliance to any safety standards. Even a basic fuse found on the mains board is ISI certified. This product Magnus Power Protection Systems is ISO 9001 certified, I do not understand relevance of ISO 9001 certification for a consumer grade electrical circuit breaker.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back