Protection gear for HT

rajivaryan1984

Dear FMs,

I have been using APC Online UPS for my TV and HT setup which includes - Subwoofer, AVR, Amp, UHD Player and other sources.

The only concern with the APC Online UPS is the noise, therefore please advise that apart from Online UPS is there any other device which can be used to protect the TV and HT gears from Power fluctuations. My only concern is with Power fluctuations as I do not need Power Backup.

And in my apartment there are lot of power fluctuations where Bescom and DG plays a vital role.

Pleaase recommend.

Regards,'
Rajiv

Dear FMs,

I have been using APC Online UPS for my TV and HT setup which includes - Subwoofer, AVR, Amp, UHD Player and other sources.

The only concern with the APC Online UPS is the noise, therefore please advise that apart from Online UPS is there any other device which can be used to protect the TV and HT gears from Power fluctuations. My only concern is with Power fluctuations as I do not need Power Backup.

And in my apartment there are lot of power fluctuations where Bescom and DG plays a vital role.

Pleaase recommend.

Regards,'
Rajiv
Get surgex. Expensive but one of the best in the world.

I am using a static stabilizer which is very silent during voltage correction. Though this is quite expensive as compared to a servo stabilizer.

Dear FMs,

Pleaase recommend.

Regards,'
Rajiv
Although costly in comparison with conventional ones but there is no better choice than static stabilizer to curb wild voltage swings. You can blindly rely on it to deliver constant voltage. You can contact Mr.Manan from NKB Technocrats on 9660061987.

Although costly in comparison with conventional ones but there is no better choice than static stabilizer to curb wild voltage swings. You can blindly rely on it to deliver constant voltage. You can contact Mr.Manan from NKB Technocrats on 9660061987.

In fact got a custom built small size 5kva from Manan ji. It comes with the emi and rfi filters. Had an excellent buying experience from him.

Dear FMs,

Pleaase recommend.

Regards,'
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv, I don't think a UPS or voltage stabilizer will be enough to protect your setup. One of the previous replies suggested SurgeX. I would highly recommend that or something similar which delivers clean power but also prevents voltage spikes from reaching your equipment. HT electronics are very sensitive and unfortunately in India we have very unstable power. It can spike all the way up to 250VAC or even higher. Without surge suppression in between you could end up severely damaging your electronics.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back