PS3 Slim Availability

saumitra

Most Sony dealers I have enquired with in the last 2 weeks are telling me that the PS3 Slim 250 GB model is out of stock and most likely they wouldnt get any more stock of this in future as this was limited-edition release in India market. Even the 120 GB model is out of stock with most dealers though all of them are saying they would get it in stock within the next few days.
Does anyone have any information on the PS3 Slim 250 GB models availability? I am in Bangalore, so if anyone knows about the PS3 Slims availability (250 GB model is the 1st preference, but 120 GB will also do) somewhere in Bangalore, please let me know.
Also, if any of you know of some dealer in some other city who has this (250 GB) model and is willing to send this to my Bangalore address, please let me know - I am willing to try that option.

Sir,

I have a sony exclusive showroom a few blocks away from my house. It is quite late now, will inquire tomorrow and keep you posted!

Cheers!

Sir,

I have a sony exclusive showroom a few blocks away from my house. It is quite late now, will inquire tomorrow and keep you posted!

Cheers!
svenkateshsmart,
Very nice of you - thanks a lot! Will wait for your update.

y do u wanna go with 250gb?
u can alwz upgrade ur hdd later..n 4 a lot cheaper i guess!
PS3 250 GB is priced 22490/- and comes with one free game (Uncharted) while PS3 120 GB is priced 19990/- with no free games. And any game (except the old ones) would cost 2.5k. So its a no-brainer that 250 GB model definitely is a better VFM.

Yup, the 250Gb is the better deal among the two.

If you don't mind buying online, check out techenclave. A seller there was offering 250gb PS3 Slim for lesser than markup price IIRC. It was with Sony India Warranty. You could also try Ebay India.

@saumitra - PMed you the contact details of a dealer from Bangalore who can get you a ps3 next week.

Hi,

I think you got what you wanted! So, the manager of the showroom assured that he can get one in a week if we place an order!

Cheers!

Hi,

I think you got what you wanted! So, the manager of the showroom assured that he can get one in a week if we place an order!

Cheers!
Unfortunately, not yet!
I spoke to the dealer skdMrk mentioned about. But he said he could get me the 120 GB model only, by mid next week. If I can't get the 250 GB model, I will settle for that.
Can you please check with the showroom manager you know if he can get me a 250 GB model (with the bundled free game)? If he confirms, I can make the payment - either to you or to him. I personally will feel more comfortable to go through you and your known dealer than buying online (ebay).
Thanks in advance for taking the pain for helping me.

Unfortunately, not yet!
I spoke to the dealer skdMrk mentioned about. But he said he could get me the 120 GB model only, by mid next week. If I can't get the 250 GB model, I will settle for that.
Can you please check with the showroom manager you know if he can get me a 250 GB model (with the bundled free game)? If he confirms, I can make the payment - either to you or to him. I personally will feel more comfortable to go through you and your known dealer than buying online (ebay).
Thanks in advance for taking the pain for helping me.

hi,

Oh, sorry mate, thought you had your deal! I will get in touch with that guy and ask him whether he can ship it to bangalore (???) or I get the ps3 and I will ship it for you or send through a person known to us.

Cheers!

Last edited:
hi,

Oh, sorry mate, thought you had your deal! I will get in touch with that guy and ask him whether he can ship it to bangalore (???) or I get the ps3 and I will ship it for you or send through a person known to us.

Cheers!
Thanks. I will wait for your update. Please send me a PM after talking to the showroom guy.

For anyone else looking for PS3, the person skdMrk mentioned about can get 120 GB PS3 slim against confirmed order for delivering in Bangalore. Interestingly, he has one old PS3 (fat) 80 GB model also - in case any one in this forum is interested to buy that.

An santhol2 pointed out, PS3 slim 250 GB is available from ebay - I checked with the supplier - he is in Mumbai and can deliver anywhere in India. He said it was a sealed box from the manufacturer (with the free game - uncharted) with India warranty. Quoted price was 22449 + shipping.

I couldn't get the 250 GB model. Venkat (svenkateshsmart) went out of his way to get me one by paying advance to one of his known dealer in Chennai. Unfortunately, that dealer later informed him that he would be getting the 120 GB model and the 250 GB model was not expected to arrive anytime soon. I actually submitted online query in the Sony India web site on this model's availability. Someone from Sony's Delhi office called me on Monday to inform that this (250 GB) model was a limied edition model for the India market and it has been discontinued.

In the meanwhile I got to know that the Sony dealers in Bangalore just got fresh stock (of 120GB model only). So on the Ugadi day (16th Mar), I bought the PS3 slim 120 GB model. Along with that I got two games (Need for Speed and Fight Night round 3) and two blu-ray movies (Dark knight & 2012). I just completed the initial setup connecting the PS3 to the TV (42LH90) with HDMI cable and played part of the blu-ray movies to check out blu-ray/1080p video. The picture quality was amazing. I am yet to try out the games, set up the WiFi and browse net, install & try the PS3 media server. Will do all that this weekend. But my 1st impression - this is really an extra-ordinary machine ...

PS: Want to sincerely thank the members (manu, thevortex & svenkateshsmart) who provided valuable inputs and help. What Venkat (svenkateshsmart) offered to do to help me out was really extra-ordinary.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am happy for you that you got a good deal (freebies). you can always upgrade your HDD later. Does not make much difference in HDD capacity.

I got my advance back yesterday evening. The guy felt sorry for that and blamed others for him guiding me wrong.

Anyway, there are lot of guys who are extra-ordinary here and I am not one of them. I dont want to repeat the list again and again, as I have done it in many threads.

Happy gaming and welcome to the world of blu-ray!!

Cheers!

@saumitra:

I enquired the SONY EXPERIENCE CENTRE in Indiranagar/Koramangala. They told clearly that 250GB was a short offer and nomore available. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am not sure why you found difficult to find a 120GB model though. Because, when I called Indiranagar/Kormanagala shops they told me that they have 3 pieces.

In fact, I blocked (know the sales guy as I purchased my SONY NX500 from him) one piece and going to pick it up today.

PS3 Slim was out of stock in most places (in Bangalore) since mid Feb. I know one or two places in Bangalore had the 120 GB model till Feb end, but I was looking for the 250 GB model initially. After I realized 250 GB wouldnt be available anytime soon (unless you want to try online from ebay/ other sites), I looked around for the 120 GB model but it was out of stock of everywhere (including Sony Centers in Koramangala/ Indiranagar) during the 1st & 2nd week of March. I believe the fresh stock arrived in Bangalore on 14th/15th March. I got a few calls from the places where I enquired earlier.
On 16th March, I bought the 120 GB model from Sony Center, Forum Value Mall (Whitefield).

PS3 Slim was out of stock in most places (in Bangalore) since mid Feb. I know one or two places in Bangalore had the 120 GB model till Feb end, but I was looking for the 250 GB model initially. After I realized 250 GB wouldnt be available anytime soon (unless you want to try online from ebay/ other sites), I looked around for the 120 GB model but it was out of stock of everywhere (including Sony Centers in Koramangala/ Indiranagar) during the 1st & 2nd week of March. I believe the fresh stock arrived in Bangalore on 14th/15th March. I got a few calls from the places where I enquired earlier.
On 16th March, I bought the 120 GB model from Sony Center, Forum Value Mall (Whitefield).

My guess is that the SONY is playing some 'dirty' games by releasing few consoles to the market from their warehouse. I saw the date of import in Croma store. It was Feb 2010. The one I bought a week back also Feb 2010. They may be doing this to create a market hype that SONY PS3 is Out of Stock and very tough to get. This will make some people think that it is the fastest selling console.

Purely my opinion.

I saw a PS3 slim option which comes with free games called platinum pack for 19k, is that a std. option?

No, this is not a standard option. Please check the date of import and product code. Your product code should be CECH2008A.

CECH20 stands for the model released after Nov 2009
08 stands for Region (Russia/India)
A stands for 120GB (B stands for 250GB - as per SONY dealers...there are no more 250GB available).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back