PS3 vs Xbox 360 - from a new angle

arnprasad

Hi All,

In Late 2016, might seem a bit odd I am asking about 5 yr old consoles and reason is as under:

(1) Buying this for my college going nephews and dont feel like plunking down 40K for PS4
(2) they have been playing a modded Wii for past 8 yrs and I have 20 of the top 25 wii games - so they have played most of the kiddish games and i want them to graduate to 'adult' games
(3) I plan to buy a 480p projector - again not hi-tech but this one has good ratings on amazon and costs 5000 bucks..so whats to complain
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELEPHAS-Co...&qid=1473736576&sr=8-4&keywords=led+projector
(4) hence i dont want to worry so much about perfect colors and good frame rates and all that

Normally most of what I have is brought from US and Europe, but on Amazon India I found PS3 and Xbox 360 available for 15K which is not that bad and worth it given local guarantee

I want them to play this for 2-3yrs- then they can graduate to 1080p projectors and PS5 or XB720 or whatever comes in the future

Hence from elcheapo perspective between these two which is better or there is another version of these consoles?

Things I really care about

(a) availability of cheap games - but good ones like unchartered, assassinscreed..etc. I know some of these are console specific
(b) ability to mod and play downloaded games for free - i know its illegal and all that - i will buy few games - have no isues downloading few as well
(c) since output is going to a 480p projector or lets say a 50inch 1080p TV - I am guessing both of these output to 1080P and hence should not be a problem
(d)what other things should I be worried about?

Both are actually good, and will provide what you expect. However if user base contains school going kids, I will suggest an x360+kinect combo. They will enjoy it the most and will also have some physical exercise rather than being couch potatoes

I went for the Xbox 360.....9990 on Amazon minus 15% minus 5% on HDFC debit card...assuming i get the cash back...8000 bucks even for a 10 year old console aint bad. My 8 year old Wii is still going strong. Also Amazon has some decent games for less than 1000 bucks - no need to ask friends in US to get things for you :):clapping:

I went for the Xbox 360.....9990 on Amazon minus 15% minus 5% on HDFC debit card...assuming i get the cash back...8000 bucks even for a 10 year old console aint bad. My 8 year old Wii is still going strong. Also Amazon has some decent games for less than 1000 bucks - no need to ask friends in US to get things for you :):clapping:

The used games market on indianvideogamer is pretty decent, you should check that out too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back