PS4 pro to 4K tv or Laptop [1080p] to 4K tv? Which is better

manojdaran

TV: Sony X8000G
Laptop: HP OMEN 1080p display
PS4 PRO

I usually connect my PS4 pro and laptop to Denon Receiver [HDCP 2.2 supported] which in turn connects to TV via HDMI arc. I 'd like to know which will be better for viewing? Watching movies from Laptop connected via HDMI to receiver to TV or Watching movies from PS4 pro connected via HDMI to receiver to TV. I tried playing from USB connected to TV but couldnt get sound from more than 3 channels, also its blunt! My laptop doesnt support 4K, so can I simply connect to HDMI and play a 4K video in VLC, may be? will that be good or playing via PS4 pro is good? I need suggestions, friends.

Thanks in advance.

Using a Modern laptop/desktop with either VLC, Kodi or MadVR will always be better than a previous-gen console for content playback.

You can connect the HDMI out of your laptop to the Denon and simply enable Bitstream out/HDMI audio in VLC or other players. If the source has any high-res audio that'll play nicely. If the laptop has an NVidia GPU then simply go into the Nvidia Control Panel and you can adjust the Resolution of the TV to 4k with either RGB or ycbcr 4:4:4 depending on what refresh rate it supports and HDR too if available.

Nvidia control panel? Never think of it. I will try. I can get dolby out of VLC with no additional settings. Thing is, I want maximum video and audio quality that I can get from the video. Thanks

Nvidia control panel? Never think of it. I will try. I can get dolby out of VLC with no additional settings. Thing is, I want maximum video and audio quality that I can get from the video. Thanks

Vlc will send decoded audio by default but it has to be set to bitstream audio directly, and the AV Receiver will then decode it. This then means you’re sending the highest quality audio stream available to your avr.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back